What's new

Do you have any hobbies?

DoctorP

先輩
3 Jun 2004
Aside from surfing the web and JREF, I also build custom golf clubs, practice kendo, run, bicycle, and play with my dog on the beach.

What do you do?

Studying Japanese, travelling (one of my passions), going out with friends to the movies or for a drink. Human relations in general actually :)

Anchyyy said:
I read, listen to music and draw. I'm currently learning to draw in anime style :)

I can't draw! Really I can't! Everytime I try the pencil spontainiously combusts! 😊 It's gotten to the point now that if I try, the fire dept is immediatly dispatched. My two boys can draw wonderfully though! It is a wonderful skill to posess!

Yeah sure it is! But you should practise if you want to draw good, cause practise always makes the master :D Maybe you should buy i book that will guide you through the steps of drawing? I've got one. Helped me a lot :p

Wrestling, listening to old songs and trying to guess who sang it, reading, and trying to build a decent deck on Magic the Gathering Online.

well other then my obsesive sounding "here is the story" thread. I enjoy the same as most. music and movies, Photography, site seeing, keeping in shape (working out when I can. used to be alot more but just running for now) My computer and playing some online games. can work be a hobby?

no Carlson work can't be a hobby...if it was it would be called hobby not work! :) Bye honey, I'm going to hobby now! :)

Is the gym there open 24hrs? It is here.

You do photography to right? I just received a Leicaflex SL 35mm. I'm still learning to use it correctly though.

JREF is my life and I guess a hobby.

Listening to the police scanner and finding new channels has kept me interested for 40 years or more. Target shooting has been a passion of mine for a long time, especially handgun shooting. I have to travel 3 hours by car now to shoot, as most towns have no safe places to shoot, too over-crouded.

Uncle Frank

:)

Reading books, writing stuff, and doing research on social issues. And whenever I'm not doing any that I just go shopping.

I'm a little embarrassed to say as it is so obvious to some of you guys, but hiking is my passion.

I love looking at the maps, making plans, taking photos, getting dirty and sweaty, being in the woods and away from civilization.

Being in the mountains like a good medicine for me.

My hobbies are playing the guitar, drawing and painting, theatre, making things, studying Japanese, playing the keyboard (but I've neglected that for some months now T_T), and dance and/or exercise.
Oh, and I write album reviews for a couple of sites and do a bit of translation. :)

I spend my spare time nagging my husband to get off JREF and do his chores.

You know who's wife

😊

Music, cooking, telling women how beautiful they are, DIY, driving, reading, movies both Holliwood and Filmhouse kind, and many more...

I whish I could play an instrument.... like the electic guitar....

CC1 said:
no Carlson work can't be a hobby...if it was it would be called hobby not work! :) Bye honey, I'm going to hobby now! :)
Is the gym there open 24hrs? It is here.
You do photography to right? I just received a Leicaflex SL 35mm. I'm still learning to use it correctly though.

well to some work is a 9-5 job where you go in you get paid and thats it. to me i try to make the best of on duty time and off duty time often spending many extra hours at work helping out or improving something or a project at work. the 19th and 20 im taking leave to volunteer all day for the friendship festival. and in my free time for the last couple weeks ive been rebuilding the train and tug that will pull people around for it.

i got 2 cameras my newest is the Canon digital Rebel XT and various lenses. Im going to drop about 3 grand on a 5d here in about a year or so. I self study and will put all the new pictures on my new site but for now stoped production of it lol the more you learn the better pictures you take but i find if you take a million atleast 1 will turn out good. on an average day i will take around 500-600 mostly snap shots of people and at night i will use my tripod for fun shots. normaly i get around 5 pictures that i think really stand out from the rest. i have thousands i havent even gone and looked at.

The gym isnt 24 hours and it pisses me off. when i stoped because the boss didtn belive in it and only lets us run on shift i weighed 165 and my bench was at 245 for 2 reps and my body weight around 30 times. im up to 175 now and lost most of what i gained, but my run time has greatly improved from running 5k and 10k's 1.5 mile in around 10 mins and 5k in aobut 22-23 mins. 10k ive never pushed myself to much so around 50 mins. speaking of running i got to make the 1800 run in about an hour.

Muay Thai, Body Building, Watching movies and I've been playing Warhammer fantasy & 40k since I was 10 (though I am getting kinda bored with that, so I only get together with my friends to play it once in a while)

Well, let's see! First and foremost, there's Pink Lady (the lovely ladies to your left in my avatar pic), I collect all the PL stuff I can get my hands on (music, videos, pictures, books, memorabilia, you name it) and run my own PL website. I also collect anime and manga, read American superhero comics (Iron Man has always been my fave), watch an inordinate amount of TV (especially sports) now that I have lots of HD channels, I walk for exercise, troll through shopping malls, the bigger the better and go to the movies. That just about covers it all!

I like Airsofting, practicing martial arts and practicing with my Bokken.
I enjoy travelling and walking around nature spots and stuff, I like buffing up on history and science.

I also enjoy watching documentary's and buffing up about other places.

Finally I enjoy internet gaming and a good sci-fi movie or programme.

Meh I have many varied Interests.

I like making documentary films particularly editing. plan to learn about animation this winter. may be tough.

Da Monstar said:
Muay Thai, Body Building, Watching movies and I've been playing Warhammer fantasy & 40k since I was 10 (though I am getting kinda bored with that, so I only get together with my friends to play it once in a while)
Hey, I paint the figures from Warhammer and 40K! 👍
Never played it in my life, but hey, it's an artistic interest! *nods*
I have no interest in painting whole armies (although I like strategy an stuff) but I like to do special characters... haven't done this painting for a couple of years though. Recently I've been thinking of getting back into it (one for the long winter evenings, methinks!). My favourite piece is probably Blood Angels Commander Dante, which I'm quite proud of. 😆

Carlson said:
when i stoped because the boss didtn belive in it and only lets us run on shift i weighed 165 and my bench was at 245 for 2 reps and my body weight around 30 times. im up to 175 now and lost most of what i gained, but my run time has greatly improved from running 5k and 10k's 1.5 mile in around 10 mins and 5k in aobut 22-23 mins.
Gahhh, I put on 12 kilos in one year after I started going to the gym! 😲 When I eased off on the exercise I lost 5 of the extra, to arrive at a happy medium. :) But I still miss gym because it makes me feel good even if I did add too much weight... 😌

Cursore said:
Music, cooking, telling women how beautiful they are, DIY
Will you marry me? I'll teach you to play the electric guitar... :LOL:

Carlson said:
i got 2 cameras my newest is the Canon digital Rebel XT and various lenses. Im going to drop about 3 grand on a 5d here in about a year or so. I self study and will put all the new pictures on my new site but for now stoped production of it lol the more you learn the better pictures you take but i find if you take a million atleast 1 will turn out good. on an average day i will take around 500-600 mostly snap shots of people and at night i will use my tripod for fun shots. normaly i get around 5 pictures that i think really stand out from the rest. i have thousands i havent even gone and looked at.

Digital shooting is easier to learn. The camera that I have now is an old German made Leicaflex SL 35mm...I still have a lot to learn about exposure and lens settings. I try to take it out once a week and shoot a few pics...the last role, nothing came out at all! :eek:

I'm looking into sending it back to Germany to get a good cleaning, and it needs a new release button for the lens (broken off). I have some old AF buddies in Germany now, I may send it to one of them.

Don't care much for photography myself. I like Locksmithing, yes i call my job a hobby because it was my hobby long before it became my job, i've been practically obsessed with locks and keys since i was a little kid when my dad used to give me old keys he found at work (he worked on public water lines and found all kinds of junk at work), besides Locksmithing i do other things that use hand and brain power, Drawing, Puzzles, crafts. My most recent hobby though is Cheese making, i've always been a cheese fanatic so a few years ago i started studying how to make cheese, it's fun but not for everyone, it requires being very careful and very patient.

Wow, Petenshber, that's fascinating! :) I always loved locks and keys too. 👍 When I took the computerized 'answer-these-questions-and-find-yourself-a-career' test that we had at school, 'locksmith' would always come out near the top ... but I haven't followed it up as a career myself. 😊 (I also always used to get 'television aerial erector' for some reason! :giggle: )

Back
Top Bottom