What's new

Do you ever...

Carlson

Stay At Home Mom!
30 Oct 2005
do you ever finish and anime and feel empty... lol

i mean.. thats its over.. will never be again...

Almost always do. Especially with good ending anime. It was recently the case with GTO, Slayers, and the two last Gundams. In the other hand, some "big hits" haven't provided such a feeling: Dragon Ball (I know, a pretty old one), RahXephone, Escaflowne,...

often. but i`d say this is not hollowness... it`s like ... when the cup is full up to the brim and that makes other thoughts and emotions to quiet in utter voicelessness

GTO...wished never ended! hehehe....i do feel real empty after an anime is over....i'm serious, animes like have one of the best endings...and then it's over and it's sad cause it's just the end.

i just finished Gun Grave and didnt know to think... lol same thing happend last month with GITS

Carlson said:
do you ever finish and anime and feel empty... lol

i mean.. thats its over.. will never be again...

Yeah! Happens often. The last time when i was watching Gravitation.

Oh my goodness, yes! I think I get that sort of weird feeling at the end of a series, because I feel like somehow the characters move on in their world (which I probably found interesting and fascinating) and I have to return to mine.

I mean, while I am watching a series for the first time, with suspension of disbelief I get a vicarious thrill living through the story as it unfolds. But when it is done . . . it's done, and I return to bills, and work, and hospital visits, and basically real life. OK, OK, real life isn't necessarily bad! But, I sure do love those moments of escapist discovery when watching a new series . . . 😌 :)

I have had the feelings of loss, depression, and anguish that follows the ending of a really good anime (or book, for that matter). Some anime can really draw you into the plot, make you feel as though you're experiencing everything the caracters are going through. These special few (well maybe not so few, now that I think about it) can get you so attached to them that when they're over, you feel as though a part of your spirit has been ripped out! 😲

I've experienced these things with a manga i recently finished,Ichigo 100%.
Holy crap it's weird.I also felt it when I finished Outlaw Star.I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Yeah i Get the feeling of emptyness all the time when a good anime series ends, and then you start wishing they'd do another series on it. So many anime series are getting shorter and shorter now days though...

It goes for any interesting book or manga...or anime. Once you're finished with it you end up feeling empty..but your memory of that particular anime won't ever fade!

Back
Top Bottom