What's new

Do I Need Degree To Teach English?

Welcome to our Japan community!

A discussion forum for all Things Japanese. Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

kinjo

後輩
Reaction score
NEW FLYER HERE. IAM RESPONDING TO THIS QUESTION AS I FIND IT INTERESTING FOR A NUMBER OF REASONS. I AM THINKING OF DOING AN ON-LINE TEFL, TESL, CERTESL..AND ON WITH SAID RESEARCH INTO SUBJECT TURNING UP A NUMBER OF CONTRADICTIONS AS TO WHAT IS/IS NOT REQUIRED AND THE RANGE OF PRICES INVOLVED. I SPENT 10 YEARS IN EUROPE AS A PERFORMANCE ARTIST AND WITH A BACKGROUND IN FRENCH, WAS ASKED TO TEACH FRENCH AND ART AT A MONTESSORI SCHOOL IN TORONTO CANADA. HAVING A 'PERFORMANCE' BACKGROUND MADE IT EASIER, BUT I ALSO ENROLLED IN A TEACHERS TRAINING COURSE AT UBC IN VANCOUVER BC. 'A' CERTIFICATE IS A KEY THAT JUST MAY OPEN A DOOR. ONCE INSIDE, IT IS UP TO YOUR PRESENTATION. I CONCUR WITH THE NOTION THAT SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE IS A 1ST PRIORITY AS IT TOO IS A KEY OF SORTS, REMOVING BARRIERS TO COMMUNICATION.
THE GRAMMAR, STRUCTURAL FORMAT AID IN LONG DISTANCE CHATS..ADVICE, USE POETRY. I SHALL STOP HERE AND SAY..TALK ON! DOWTON

Top Bottom