What's new

Do families play games together?

If they have a Wii, I am sure they play together.

How about your family?

It's pretty obvious that the older generations have gotten into gaming more, mainly due to the efforts of Nintendo, but also because more 'mature' games are being released, with more of a heavy emphasis on realism which is most likely more appealing to older people then say a large, walking, talking blue hedgehog. So in effect parents would probably be more inclined to game with their kids more, although to be honest I haven't seen that happen alot.

When I go to my sister's at Christmas the whole family plays Wii Sports or a quiz game. But one of the reasons I love gaming is because I relish solitude, so I've always steered mostly clear of multiplayer games. The exception being Street Fighter II and Mariocart back in the days of the SNES.

When I go to my sister's at Christmas the whole family plays Wii Sports or a quiz game. But one of the reasons I love gaming is because I relish solitude, so I've always steered mostly clear of multiplayer games. The exception being Street Fighter II and Mariocart back in the days of the SNES.

I must say, I'm quite like this, although I like multiplayer games and all, nothing beats single player for me, I just feel more comfortable.

My parents have seen me play all sorts of games. One time I decided to lecture them on Final Fantasy. Showed them FFVI. The conclusion they arrive at was that FF evolved from a primitive kids game to a kids game. I gave up.
My mother was often watching me play rpg's as some form of entertainment, and once, when playing FFX, she asked me why did I ruin Yuna's and Seymour's marriage. I had to explain that even if I wasn't sick and tired of the whole boring marriage part I couldn't have violated from the storyline.

My parents and games just aren't compatible. My grandfather thinks im watching films. They're all waiting for the moment I admit that games are childish. When I told them of my intentions of buying a PS3 years ago, they said to me that they thought I already grew out of games.

Roughly a year ago, my father developed this obsession with teaching me how to drive. When I clearly told him that I wouldn't go and learn driving from him, he bought me a PS2 wheel. Now I hate driving games, but even if I liked them I couldn't plug the bloody wheel into the PS3.

All in all, my family doesn't play... other than on my nerves occasionally.

My parents dont play video games with me but they don't shun me for playing them either. I bet in the next generation we will defenately see alot more families playing video games together.

My parents also are to old to be quite familiar with these new technologies :) But i think it would be a great thing that units relatives

In my family, we have competitions on games like Tekken and Soul Caliber in teams - my parents (especially my step-dad) love video games :)

Back
Top Bottom