What's new

Discrimination against Japanese men in YouTube spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbolaserguy

後輩
26 Nov 2007
(http colon slash slash)youtube.com/watch?v=OLp2O-uEOiU
This URL, the comment by "Greencolorbuster" and the fact that I am a native Japanese man. 'Nuf said.
I need more soldiers. I will give you 9,999,999,999,989 shells for the radioactive-sewage-infested-lab-rat-thrower of yours. Stand up and fight. In the comments, turbolaserguy is me, of course.

There's discrimination towards EVERYONE on youtube. Youtube has one of one of the highest concentrations of internet trolls on the internet.

It makes me really happy that they've implemented the neg and pos rep system for comments now. Makes comment sections a little more tolerable for those of us who care to visit the comments section of youtube.

kireikoori:

Hmmmmm. You seem to be very immune to discrimination. It might be a natural thing if you grew up in the heavily slang-infested United States. Sorry that I am not one of people like you.

I grew up in a very politically-correct and very conversation-free, high-strung Japanese family whose members tended only to talk about philosophy and physics and who earned a new Ph.D degree and who didn't, and who wrote the letter of recommendation and the like. I have to consider myself a sort of "naive" egghead but I do have a lot of dreams and ideals.

I also went to Japanese "shingakko" schools where the only point of the schools are to get into the prestigious high schools, colleges and graduate schools. EVERYONE is politically correct and very few people talk between classes, and there are pretty much NO discussions or debates. That's the reality of rural Japanese shingakkos. That, and my dreamer nature contributed to me in being incredibly a paranoid at prejudicial attacks.

.............Okay, enough personal life story ya say, huh?

But.
Please don't be too much of a spectator, okay? Especially if you love Japan.

sounds like intellectual discrimination to me; you're worse than some anonymous retards throwing around racial slurs because you get all up in arms about it, respond with your own condescension, then troll around the rest of the internet trying to drum up support for...Japan?

Give me a break

To Nice Gaijin

Nice Gaijin:

Thank you for trying to let me become humbler and less of an egomaniac.
It's taking a gradual effect on me.

I would also like to thank you for talking with a "wretch like me"

I also forgot to mention that I'm an ACOA (Adult Child Of Alcoholics) with an OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder). But, I know that that's no excuse for being self-righteous..........

Last edited:
As have been said in the posts above.

This kind of discrimination is everywhere, and on the internet we call this people trolls. I see discrimination but I can give you a whole list of other youtube kind of discrimination.

See kireikoori post and write a nice email to Youtube about it. Good luck.

For the rest, keep this thread a little bit nice!

To Revin...

Revin,

Thank you. I will. If it weren't 6:16pm here, I'd have rushed into my clinic....

kireikoori:

Hmmmmm. You seem to be very immune to discrimination. It might be a natural thing if you grew up in the heavily slang-infested United States. Sorry that I am not one of people like you.
It's not fun. I generally try to avoid such material.

It's not a US thing, it's more of an internet thing. These people get a sort of sadistic pleasure out of messing with people's heads. So the more it upsets you, the more they get what they want. Take comfort in the fact they're probably fat ugly losers who say such things on the internet because they know they're too puny to deal with the consequences of their words face to face with people.

Wow, philosophy, that aspect of your family seems to be pretty cool. And race isn't something I'd figure most families would enjoy sitting around and talking about, I know mine wouldn't. And I can't imagine why any would.

When I visit youtube videos with such comments, I generally press the neg rep button, as well as the spam button. So that hopefully it'll get enough that it's not as visible and people have to press show for it to appear. I don't really feel like getting into a youtube flamewar right now. But I will watch the video you posted and if I run across any particularly offensive posts on the first page, I'll neg rep and spam button them.

I'm not trying to belittle you for being offended by something said over the internet. A medium of communication is a medium of communication. You're probably new to the internet or at least don't browse often. Unfortunately most places you look elsewhere will have a degree of the same thing. Trolls are all over the internet and offensive content is hard to avoid. Japanese sites like 2ch will have it as well.

If it ever really gets to you too much, the best thing to do is just get offline for a while. It's not good to spend too much time online anyway.

kireikoori,
Thank you for your wisdom as well as good advice...
You are a very healthy person with a very healthy attitude I thought... and I've got a whole lot to learn from you. Thanks again.

I'm not caring. I always ignore the comments on youtube, they are almost always juvenile and aimed to piss someone off. If you want to have a decent discourse, step away from the computer, and go talk to someone ;)

I've grown up in an upper middle class family, both my parents and grand parents have a degree... but wait... that doesn't mean sh1t. I still go about and spit on the streets whenever i feel like, and i watch whatever i want, i can swear like a trooper if needed. Why is that? Im not even living in an overly urban environment?

Could a moderator lock this thread? It's pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom