What's new

Difficult to find job in Japan as a foreigner?

PackardGoose

後輩
28 Sep 2003
My wife is Japanese, I´m Dutch, and we are married.
We like to move to Japan, but it seems it is very hard to get a job as a foreigner who doesn´t speaks Japanese.
Also, my age is not really very positive. (46 !!)
I only did high school in Holland, I can speak English, German and Dutch.
We have a baby from 4 months, and we really do not like Holland (my country)
Is there anybody who can help us by giving advice or tips,
or (even) job?
I really don´t care about what kind of work, the only thing I really never do is extremely very dirty work, and working in the meat industry etc.

Hope to hear some useful information!
(Positive or negative is both okay!)
Thanks in advance, thank you for reading!
;)

Do you know where you are likely to be living? I only ask, because the opportunities around Tokyo, or other major cities are likely to be quite different from those available to you if you live in out in the country.

Tiger

Originally posted by Tiger
Do you know where you are likely to be living? I only ask because the opportunities around Tokyo or other major cities are likely to be quite different from those available to you if you live out in the country.

Tiger

Thanks!
No, we have no real preferences, maybe Tokyo, because my wife´s parents maybe have a temporary place to stay for us.
But other parts of Japan, are also okay, I guess. :)

spot.gif

PackardGoose,
What are your qualifications? With only a high school diploma, you are going to find it hard to get any professional type job. A spouse visa will help you a little, but not much. It gives you the opportunity to apply to any job in the country, but being hired depends on what your qualifications are (and what the employer wants).

46 and got a four-month-old baby? much props! I'm very impressed
asked the in-laws for any assistance in determining this? maybe pops got a job already lined up.
wishing the best of luck!

Depending on how good your German and Dutch is, you might be able to pick up some conversation teaching jobs, but it is a long shot and only needed in the big cities. Of course, the more Japanese you speak the better off you will be in finding some other employment. Good luck.

you said you speak english so if you live near an american military base you might be able to get a job there. my dad was in the military and i know that they do hire non-military personel to work on the base. im not sure if its the same over seas though, because the non-military personel would be non-americans(most likely)

Back
Top Bottom