What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Demand for cup noodles soaring

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
While most of the ecomony is in free fall, some do thrive even in a time of pandemic. While domestic demand is increasing, Nissin primarily aims at the US market where their cup noodles are marketed by Walmart.

In March, around 7.19 million cup-type instant noodle packages were sold at supermarkets in Japan, a 13% gain from a year earlier, according to data collected by Nikkei POS. The top-selling product was Nissin's 78 gram, standard size Cup Noodles. There is no data on overseas sales, but "demand is strong," a company representative said.

mdchachi

Reaction score
And now you can wash them down with Cup Noodle soda.

Cup-Noodle-Soda-Japan-instant-ramen-drinks-food-Nissin-review-taste-test-photos-1.jpg

Nissin, the creators of Cup Noodle, the world's first-ever instant noodle, came out with their craziest 50th birthday announcement yet: they would be releasing Cup Noodle sodas.

That's right, the esteemed makers of the instant Cup Noodle would be taking well-known flavours from four of their top varieties, and turning them into fizzy drinks for the first time ever.

The new sodas are based on the following Cup Noodle flavours: Original Cup Noodle, Curry, Seafood, and Chilli Tomato

Davey

Contributor
Reaction score

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
I was the world's fussiest eater when I arrived in Japan. In 2 years , I never tried or ate Japanese food. If I didn't eat on base , I went to the American style restaurants in Fukuoka. No matter where I traveled in Japan , I found a way to follow my spoiled attitude on food. My wife and marriage changed my eating habits , LOL.

mdchachi

Reaction score
I was the world's fussiest eater when I arrived in Japan. In 2 years , I never tried or ate Japanese food. If I didn't eat on base , I went to the American style restaurants in Fukuoka. No matter where I traveled in Japan , I found a way to follow my spoiled attitude on food. My wife and marriage changed my eating habits , LOL.
Did you ever get a chance to try real Japanese food?

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Donor
Reaction score
Good news everyone, a heroine has arrived:

This is the most tragic thing I've read in a while. I'm glad your wife helped break you out of your culinary prison!

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
At the time , I hated , rice , fish , vegetables and refused to try new things. There was a small Japanese restaurant near my apartment that I taught to make hamburgers , spaghetti and even Italian sandwiches. I would buy things on base and give him to use for me. The owner was young and seemed to enjoy learning about American food. When it came to food , I was spoiled rotten growing up and lived on soda and candy and sweets as a youth which is why I have no teeth now. When I got out of high school , I weighed 92 pounds and when I got out of the Navy I was around 110 LBS. I now weigh 200 LBS from my wife's cooking.

Top Bottom