What's new

DbAF

Matsuyuu

先輩
13 Aug 2003
I don't know if this is the right place to ask about this, but here we go anyway:
I've heard so many different stories around the internet about the alleged new Dragonball series, "Dragonball AF;" I've heard that it's coming out, that it's a myth, that it's supposed to be thought a myth so that it gets little publicity, etc. WHAT'S the truth about Dragonball AF? Does it exist?
Please help.

it exists as a myth but thats about it. the signature on the supposed ssj5 goku pic isnt toriyama's, without him theres no dragonball. it was prolly just some fan-pic that someone thought was the real deal, and now since everyone says its a myth, they say its supposed to be that way. that anime urban legend has been going around for at least 3 years that i remember, thats a really long time to be hyping something up. if i can find the site that has the signature comparisons ill post it, but its been some years since ive seen it.

I read Akira Toriyama didnt really do DBGT either, he just did the character designs and his team did the rest.

Which would explain why it sucked so much (-_-; )

yeah he didnt write it, toei took care of that and pretty much everything else besides charactor design

If you read the interviews with him, he's probably sicker of DB/Z than anyone else. He wanted to stop a LONG time ago, but after the fan response and constant offers of big money to continue, he went along with it. If it were up to him, he'd have stopped when Goku beat Frieza and Namek exploded.

The Dragonball manga series went on a while. I think almost everything to the end of DBZ (whenever that is) is part of the manga, and then there's a special ending with a budoukai.

Originally posted by Gaki
I read Akira Toriyama didnt really do DBGT either, he just did the character designs and his team did the rest.

Which would explain why it sucked so much (-_-; )

I totally agree. DBGT was the worst piece of **** I've ever seen.

Ok I know this is an old topic, but I'll just mention Toriyama didn't really do most of the character designs, I think it was just maybe Bebi Vegeta, SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta with a moustache or something and none of that's even confirmed, it's just stuff I've heard

It's hard to believe though that years after those damn rumours started some people still wonder. Why is it so hard to realise that fan-art can look quite similar to the actual thing? I know a guy at another forum who used to do a ton of DBZ fanart that was all original and had perfect likeness...and he's not even Japanese, so why is it so hard to believe people could create a half assed stupid looking pic of an ssj5.

Back
Top Bottom