What's new

Currently Unable to Preview Posts

Glenn

一切皆苦
8 Jan 2004
I keep getting an error message that says the document is locked. Are there some upgrades/updates going on right now?

There are no updates running, Glenn. What is the exact error message?

Thanks Glenn. Were there any links to other websites in your post?

I have had a few reports on this issue lately. I'm still investigating.

Thomas,

Last night I tried to edit my own post, and then when hitting "save" button, I got the same message Glenn mentioned, i.e.

HTTP Error: 403 Forbidden
The document you requested has been locked for a reason.

Maybe the same error as the one I encountered before?

I don't know what's happened.

When I got the same 403 error while editing this post few days ago, I deleted some URLs first, edited the post, clicked "Save" button, readded the URLs I'd once deleted, and finally clicked "Save" button with composure.:D

Apparently, we can't edit a post containing more than 4 URLs in it whether the links are embedded or not.

I guess that's what I'll have to do, then. Man, this is going to take some time. I can't post it, either, without preview, I just found out.

Well, Toritoribe's suggestion worked, but the クレーン車 Google search result link is a no-go even doing it that way. Oh well.

We seem not to be able to post/preview any posts containing more than 4 embedded URLs in any manner. Try a normal link as belowツ?ォ instead of the embedded one [ url=http://www.google.com/~~]ニ誰ニ椎陳ーニ停?愬ステ板(窶堋ュ窶堙ェツー窶堙ア窶堋オ窶堙。ツ) -- crane[/ url].;-)

ニ誰ニ椎陳ーニ停?愬ステ板(窶堋ュ窶堙ェツー窶堙ア窶堋オ窶堙。ツ) -- crane
[ url]http://www.google.com/~~[ /url]

Oh, then, how about changing all the links into non-embedded version?

I just checked several patterns in this post. It seems that we can edit a post that contains less than three embedded links + less than three non-embedded links, as below.(In other words, this post is the maximum pattern of editable posts.)

google
yahoo
goo

Google
サービス終了のお知らせ
国語・英語・四字熟語のオンライン辞書 - goo辞書

When adding one more embedded link, the 403 Forbidden error returns. We can add non-embedded links, but can't edit it. If we want to edit it, we have to delete non-embedded links until the total amount of non-embedded links becomes less than three.

So, I don't know why "3 embedded + 1 non-embedded" can't work in Glenn-san's post.:?

Last edited:
I can't really say I'm a fan of that solution. But I guess if I have to...

Glenn, I just want to let you know that we have not forgotten about this and the other glitches yet! Currently experimenting with vBulletin 4, I am pretty positive that we shall be upgrading soon and hope that this will solve a lot of the technical issues plaguing this forum.

What does worry me though is porting over the Japanese language section. I hope we won't be drowning in a sea of mojibake...

Thanks for the update, thomas! Yeah, past conversions sure have made things strange in the Japanese forums for some reason. I hope that doesn't happen this time too.

Back
Top Bottom