What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Crazy Japanese People

SaikyoJoe

後輩
Reaction score
Any of you met any crazy japanese people lately?

I have, and let me tell you, it was more than very, very unpleasant. So I get home about 8 P.M. Having just moved out the dead-center of town I am in an unfamiliar place, or at least less familiar than it were before.

And so there are some twists and turns to my place from the commonrail, and you know i start walking. Having not aqquainted myself properly with the pathing from google maps there seems to be all kinds of streets and i picked one out of seemingly random order.

Just as i have walked halfway through the cobble, this old scrubby japanese guy comes out of nowhere. Remember it's dark, and through the streetlights you can barely make out the shadow of an old fraily guy. So anyway he starts shouting all kinds of obscenities at me, telling me to get lost or whatever. I mean this guy is acting like he owns the street. He is acting literally like the asphalt beneath my feet are his dearest lost pokemon cards or something.

I just started running what else. But I am shocked to say the least. You know, I know there is some kind of shady massage parlour on the other side of the commonrail, opposite that side of the street where i was walking, but that was like half a mile away. There was nothing there, yet he was shouting like his very life depended on it.

I mean, what do you think could have happened? I got very scared.

mdchachi

Reaction score
I think you have an aging population and perhaps a little dementia here and there.

nahadef

Quietly exploding
Reaction score
And a poster not in Japan. Just very bored and trying to stir things up?

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
His IP locator shows all over the world . with a few showing he is in Japan ; I don't think he likes being followed , LOL.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
And a poster not in Japan. Just very bored and trying to stir things up?

I assume @SaikyoJoe uses an Opera Mini browser to access the website. Their servers are located in Norway. Quite a few mobile network companies (KDDI etc) as well as several mobile devices rely on Opera Mini as their default browser, hence the Norwegian flag.

nahadef

Quietly exploding
Reaction score
I assume @SaikyoJoe uses an Opera Mini browser to access the website. Their servers are located in Norway. Quite a few mobile network companies (KDDI etc) as well as several mobile devices rely on Opera Mini as their default browser, hence the Norwegian flag.
Well, regardless, I think it's a pretty ridiculous topic. There isn't a society in the world that doesn't have mentally ill people.

Thanks for clearing that up!

mdchachi

Reaction score
You're one to talk. If it happened to you, we'd see a whole manga about it! :cool:

nahadef

Quietly exploding
Reaction score
You're one to talk. If it happened to you, we'd see a whole manga about it! :cool:
I might very well! But I wouldn't use the term crazy Japanese person. That phrasing really puts me off :/

SaikyoJoe

後輩
Reaction score
I saw him again today.

I mean, it did look like him but his mood had changed. I do not know if it were the pure daylights or something else, but the fella ain't that scary anymore.

I even exchanged a couple of words with him and turns out he is not an absolute nut.

OoTmaster

先輩
Reaction score
He could have also been having a bad day or maybe intoxicated. I'm usually one of the most chill people you'll ever meet but at the same time I have my days where I'm liable to get upset and start yelling at you if you look at me wrong. Just human nature so no reason Japanese people would be any different.

Top Bottom