What's new

Could someone please translate these sentences?

Legend_4ever

後輩
31 Jan 2008
U.S.A. contains of 50 states.
The climate is continental, subtropical, steeped, and desert climate.
Number of U.S.A. residents is over 300.000.000.
There are many religions: Protestant, R. Catholic, Islam, Jewish religion, Orthodox.
The largest cities are NY, L.A., Chicago.
The World's movie industry center is in Hollywood, California, and also interesting destinations are Grand Canyon in Arizona, Niagara Falls, New York as a city...

Words I need: national food, national sports, baseball, football, basketball, ice hockey, turkey, cereal, potato, corn, pie, chicken and Mexico.

Thanks!

You're welcome. Sorry, but Jref is not a translating service. We will often help people translate things, but notice the term "help". You ask for quite a bit all at once, and have shown no attempt to translate these items yourself. That might explain the amount of help you have received so far, although there is another factor to consider: maybe you should give people a little more time to help you. One day is not very long on a discussion forum such as this where people are in and out, and often do not visit for several days at a time.

Last edited:
I think Mikawa his post says enough, sorry for the deletion of the posts.

Last edited:
Fine, but deleting my post and then leaving an explanatory remark like that is just confusing and cryptic, since deleting the post also deletes the context of your remark.

アメリカが五十列国をあります。
気候はコンチネンタルと亜熱帯とsteeped(dunno, can't find a word of this)と砂原です。
三億人をいます。
多い宗教だ「プロテスタントとカソリックとイスラムとユダヤ教とオーソドックスです。」
アメリカの三大都市(three largest cities)はニューヨークとロサンゼルスとシカゴです。
ホーリーウアヅ、カリフォルニアは世間の映画産業センターをあります。
I could be bothered to go beyond 'The World's movie industry center is in Hollywood, California'

Words:
民の食料 nation's food
国技 national sport
野球 baseball
アメリカンフットボール american football
サッカー soccer
バスケットボール basketball
アイスホッケー ice hockey
七面鳥 turkey
シリアル cereal
ポテト potato
とうもろこし corn
パイ pie
チキン chicken
メキシコ mexico

WARNING to the OP.
I did a really half-assed job at this translation. Including just the words. You know why?
1) You didn't even ATTEMPT it
2) You aren't clear on what meaning of the words you want. For example, football can be american football or 'soccer', turkey can be a country or a food,

and then you make a sarcastic remark like
Wow, thank you all, you sure know a lot, and are all really helpful!
when nobody wants to help you.

The translation I did is correct except; it may not be grammatically correct eg. particles may be in wrong places, words may be incorrect; you can't be bothered to be clear on meanings, I can't be bothered to do correct meanings for certain words.

The MESSAGE: IF YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED NOBODY WILL BE FULLY HAPPY TO HELP YOU!

Joe

Back
Top Bottom