What's new

Could I still do it?

TimF

後輩
2 Jul 2004
I am looking into this college that offers the course I wanted but it is an associats degree? All I have heard is you can get a really good job in japan if you have a Bachelours Degree. Now my question is can I still get a good job in Japan with an AS degree I mean i can always go back and get it later its just I tought this would be a good "foot in the door" oppertunity. I am looking forward to hearing other peoples opinions about this.

P.S.- The associae degree is in bussiness.

:( Well in that case I am screwed beacuse I dont know anyone in japan. :(

don't worry, you've got 2 or 4 years to try and get to know someone that knows someone that knows someone ^^

well will the credits transfer to another school you could always get an associate then go somewhere else to turn it into a bachelor

hmm.. good point.

And T. Mac do you know where to find ppl from japan I only know 1 person.

I'm with Jeisan, go for an Associates here, and continue in Japan. It is very realistic and possible and will pretty much get you in the door if you go through a transfer program with good grades. Check a community college in the area and talk to admisions till you get the answer you want.

Don't stop till you find the answers you're looking for on transfer requirements.

Start hitting some university websites and read all the details. You'll gleam some interesting info like that :)

A bigger restriction will be "Can I get a working visa with an AS degree?". While there are some fields where you can qualify for a visa with less than a bachelors degree (or so I am told, anyway), as a general thing you will find that a bachelors degree will be necessary. If you have/get a Japanese spouse, then forget everything I just wrote. In that case, you can do practically any sort of work you can convince someone to hire you to do, with the only educational requirements being those placed by the employer, not the government.

What sort of work are you looking at doing in Japan?

Back
Top Bottom