What's new

Cosplay-Toshiya Gauze era- NEED SEE THROUGH BROWN VINYL

akaisha

I like pegs..yea..
4 Aug 2004
1-2.jpg

If that picture doesn't work the link is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/akaisha/1.jpg

Anyway, I'm only assumg that's from the Gauze era, but I want to cosplay that. Trouble is I can't find the brown see-through vinyls I need for the feather type things apart of the skirt. I've been looking and looking but can't find it. Here are other methods we considered:

Wood stain - afraid what it would do to the material

Glaze paint - afraid it would flake off

Dye - you can dye plastic like materials without melting them?

Going solid - can't find those colors anyway and it wouldn't look right

I don't know what we're gonna do but I refuse to put this asside and make a different outfit. I've posted about this in other places and still no responses. I need any advice I can get for this, thank you. 🙂

See If You Can Find......

an auto upholstery shop near you, one that does fancy cars if posible like hot rods. They may have a catalog you can order from, or they may know how to stain a vinyl to closely match. Worth a try?

Frank

Frank D. White said:
an auto upholstery shop near you, one that does fancy cars if posible like hot rods. They may have a catalog you can order from, or they may know how to stain a vinyl to closely match. Worth a try?

Frank

I'll have to check into that, thank you Frank!

Use an amber colored glass stain if you manage to find it in clear. That should work and to be safe maybe use a use a coat of sealant. :p

These are all really good suggestions. I've been getting allot of good advice from other forums too, these are some really creative ideas, I'm going to have to look into all of them. Thank you everyone for replying ^_^

Back
Top Bottom