What's new

Cosplay in Tokyo

Eden

後輩
21 Jul 2004
hi! im writing an article about cosplay in tokyo. does anyone want to be interviewed about it? cosplayers, otakus.. anyone (who speaks english and lives in tokyo)!
i'd love to have anyone's help too about cosplay. like when did it start, where in tokyo aside from harajuku and akihabara, etc.., why people do it, your reactions to it..
thanks so much! you can email me at [email protected]! :)

The Truth Is....

cosplay started in the US! I'm proud to admit to being one of the first copy-cat dressers here in the state of Maine in 1955. I dyed my long underwear blue and painted a big "S" on my chest; put a big red towel around my neck.
I flew off porches and leaped from trees & phone booths as my hero SUPERMAN did. I also wore a white hat & black mask with my trusty six guns and next door neighbor as Tonto! The neighbors big Great Dane was my faithful horse Silver. Later it was buckskins, coon skin hat, and trusty flintlock, Betsy, as I explored the deep forest. I guess we didn't call it "cosplay" back then, but it was the same I think.

Frank

😊

Well, when I was a kid in the early 60's, I wore one of those winter hats with eye holes in blue, put on blue longjohns, painted a trash can lid red and white and SHAZAM! I was Captain America!! Defender of freedom!! Ahh! The joys of childhood! Little did we know that were doing the cosplay thing!

👍

Back
Top Bottom