What's new

Correcting my sentences

derick78b

先輩
12 Oct 2011
Hello,
I'm Derick from Brazil.

I'm kind of neebie about Japanese language. I've already learned Katana, Hiragana e some few kanjis, so I've just stopped in grammar and vocabulary.

I have some sentences that I made and I wonder if you could help me telling me if they're wrong or right, and, if possible, correct them.
Since now I thank you all.

- Kyuu wa nan youbi desu ka. -> What day of the week is today?
- Doyoubi wa kyuu. -> Today is Saturday.

- Anata no doresu (dress) wa nan iro desu ka. -> What's the color of your dress?
- Doresu (dress) wa kiiro desu. ->The dress is yellow.

- Suki na iro wa nan desu ka. -> What color do you like?
- Kuro desu. -> Black

Please, I know I'm asking too much but can you write them down using kanji?

Thank you very very much.

Just few corrections.

Kyou wa nan youbi desu ka.
Doyoubi desu.

Anata no doresu (dress) wa nani iro desu ka.
Kiiro desu.

Hello,
I'm Derick from Brazil.

I'm kind of neebie about Japanese language. I've already learned Katana, Hiragana e some few kanjis, so I've just stopped in grammar and vocabulary.

I have some sentences that I made and I wonder if you could help me telling me if they're wrong or right, and, if possible, correct them.
Since now I thank you all.

- Kyuu wa nan youbi desu ka. -> What day of the week is today?
- Doyoubi wa kyuu. -> Today is Saturday.

- Anata no doresu (dress) wa nan iro desu ka. -> What's the color of your dress?
- Doresu (dress) wa kiiro desu. ->The dress is yellow.

- Suki na iro wa nan desu ka. -> What color do you like?
- Kuro desu. -> Black

Please, I know I'm asking too much but can you write them down using kanji?

Thank you very very much.

Also a little side-tip incase you didnt know. The 'u' on desu is silent when you speak it aloud. The 'u' is silent on most words when its the ending letter but especially words ending with the syllable 'su' like the end of 'arigatou gozaimasu' for example. Just thought I'd check you knew as many books/sites dont tell you this very clearly to be honest.

The "u" is often silent....even usually silent....but not always silent.

Also a little side-tip incase you didnt know. The 'u' on desu is silent when you speak it aloud. The 'u' is silent on most words when its the ending letter but especially words ending with the syllable 'su' like the end of 'arigatou gozaimasu' for example. Just thought I'd check you knew as many books/sites dont tell you this very clearly to be honest.
You'd better know the devoicing does not always occur. For instance, the vowels "i" and "u" tend not to be devoiced in Western Japan, where I live. See the explanation linked below.

Japanese phonology - Wikipedia

Back
Top Bottom