What's new

Correct use of 時に

Simi

先輩
24 Sep 2007
いつも日本は私の人生の大部分で小さい時から日本時に 日本の文化に興味があります。

Is the above sentence comprehensible as well as grammatically correct? Is there anyway to improve it?

I'm trying to say that 'Japan has always been a big part of my life, ever since I was small I have been interested in Japan, especially Japanese culture.'

I'd really appreciate any advice.

especially = 特に[とくに]

Is this what you wanted to say, by any chance? If so, 小さい時から日本に、特に(you can also say 中でも)日本の文化に興味があります can work perfectly. 👍

いつも日本は私の人生の大部分で小さい時から日本時に日本の文化に興味があります。
Is the above sentence comprehensible as well as grammatically correct? Is there anyway to improve it?
I'm trying to say that 'Japan has always been a big part of my life, ever since I was small I have been interested in Japan, especially Japanese culture.'
I'd really appreciate any advice.
You got corrected ones I did in another thread, right ? 大きな部分 may be preferable to 大部分 if you just want to say "large part" but not necessarily "most" or "majority part".

BTW, crossposting is not only confusing, it is prohibited by the board guidelines. 😌

日本は、常に自分の人生で大きな部分を占めてきました 。
いつも日本は私の人生の大きな部分を占めてきました。 。。。。

Thank you both very much for the help. I really appreciate it.

Toritoribe - sorry, yes I did mean to use 特に - thanks for the correction.

Elizabeth - yes, I received your corrections, thank you. I apologise for cross posting, and for any confusion I caused, it won't happen again. I was more concerned about my use of 特に that anything else.

Back
Top Bottom