What's new

COVID-19 Coronavirus: global situation

No lie, I'm about to do cartwheels. On this planet, if you had to choose one person who deserved all the suffering from COVID, he's the one.

Nobody deserves to die, and nobody deserves a death sentence, but if the trolley problem came up and he was on the track...

No fake news this time:

While I wish the Trumps a speedy recovery, I'm convinced there must be some sort of karma at play.
Well we don't know yet. With that guy's luck he won't feel any symptoms. On the other hand, he's overweight and elderly so it would be truly miraculous if he came through unscathed. In that case we will know that he is truly God's chosen one. 👑

I just had to laugh... Really I don't wish anyone bad things but if you can say things and then can't knock under the table you are just asking for it.

nahadaf - Interesting question that you raised. Because of the enormous consequences that his death might have on an America that seems to be a tinderbox, I'd hesitate to pull the lever. Unlike Thomas, I can't even to bring myself to wish him well, and I can't think of anyone else I've ever felt that way about - not that his death would bring any joy to me. The whole situation is horrible, and I wish with my whole heart that he'd never been born.

I'm happy he has it; after all the bullying he's done which has resulted in thousands of real deaths, and long term health problems for hundreds of thousands, not to mention every other thing he's done for the past few years. He's been living in a magical world where reality seems to bend to his will for these four years, so it's satisfying to see reality snap back at him. He deserves some suffering.

That said, I'm not wishing for his death. I'm not capable of that. If he dies from this, I won't be sad, but I won't be doing a victory dance either. It's a really complicated feeling.

I think his competitor, Biden and his party are happy now! They wish the Trump's disease takes long till the election time! If Biden succeeds to be elected, then he will wish Trump gets better!

How the desire of being a president is intense in the candidates, as they forget their old friendship!

Nonetheless, I think the probable sickness of Trump is not serious.

I think his competitor, Biden and his party are happy now! They wish the Trump's disease takes long till the election time! If Biden succeeds to be elected, then he will wish Trump gets better!
Maybe. Although I think "happy" is not most appropriate word for how they feel.
There is also danger that his being sick will engender sympathetic feelings for him in the electorate.

How the desire of being a president is intense in the candidates, as they forget their old friendship!
I'm pretty sure they were never friends.

Nonetheless, I think the probable sickness of Trump is not serious.
Probably. The odds are that he will recover just as Boris Johnson and Jair Bolsonaro did. But I hope he gets sick enough to understand better what people are going through.

Hi, mdchachi

Aside from the topic subject and sickness of Trump, I'm curious to know which one of the two candidates are closer to the presidency chair in the next; Trump or Biden? Is it foreseeable?

Hi, mdchachi

Aside from the topic subject and sickness of Trump, I'm curious to know which one of the two candidates are closer to the presidency chair in the next; Trump or Biden? Is it foreseeable?
Pretty much all year most polls have favored Biden. But, then, most polls favored Hillary Clinton in 2016 and she lost. So things don't always go as expected.

Corona virus is attacking people so. This public disease took long wonderingly. it is about one and half year which this virus is active. During this period of time millions people of the world lost their soul because of the disease. We pay no attention to the number of the victims and this fact who they were.

We just see in the television some patients in the hospitals or some coffins which is sent down in the graves but pay no attention to this reality that they were some citizens who were alive the days before. Doctor, engineer, nurse, writer, actor, and other similar characters are among the victims. This ominous virus doesn't differ between its targets. It doesn't observe who the subject is. it just kills a group of the patients who are capable for death.

I have never seen a virus severer and more persistent than Covid-19 that doesn't leave the world for a long time.

The medical organizations order people to use mask. How a piece of thin paper (non medical masks) can prevent the virus?! This virus can pass from the air hole of the weak barrier easily. Or it is told, people observe the social distance, one or two meters! Even 10 meters can't help against traveling and spreading out of the virus. Nonetheless, let people to be confident and grasp on these alternatives!

The greatest hope is that the vaccine of the disease is discovered as soon as possible! Some organizations claimed, they have made some effective vaccines, but we have not seen those do anything or are introduced as the same desirable vaccine versus the virus, officially!

I believe, both material ( medicines) and spiritual things are relative to God. He is the highest scientist! He is not so to order people just pray. He is the originator of biology and technology that human is still discovering them!
He order human not to ignore scientific things such as medicines and he says, I'm the originator of them! He also guides human not to forget him upon the material sciences and do pray. The heavenly prayers can change the fates even getting sicknesses or being safe against them! The prays can even the fate like the time of death.

Let me I tell a real story about the issue between material and spiritual things that God regards to both:

One day Muses (one of the five major messenger of God) got a sickness. People called a doctor and he did prescribe some medicines for Muses, but Muses said to him, I don't need those medicine; God himself will cure me soon .
But whatever Muses waited for healing nothing happened and his sickness took long! Eventually he called God and said to him, my lord, I'm waiting for you to cure me, why you don't heal me?

God replied, Muses! I will not cure you unless you use the medicines that the doctor did specify for you! The medicines are from me.

Muses did the same and used the medicine and after a while he became well.

The years later Muses got the same sickness. He called the doctor immediately and used the medicine that the doctor prescribed for him, but whatever he used the medicine it was in vain and he didn't got better.

Muses call God and said to him, my lord, I used the medicines that you ordered me earlier to use but they were ineffective and didn't cure me!

God said to him, Muses, This time, you forgot me (paying attention to the source) and just trusted in the medicines, while it is me who cure!

Muses realized his fault and excused God. He request God to cure him after using those medicines.

Yes, this real and wise story show us both natural and supernatural matters affect the fate of human.

Sadly, these days people just lean on technology that new medicines are based on that. They think it is just an antibiotic pill (for example) that save them from infection but pay no attention to the originator who healing, life and death are in his hand. The medicines, whether herbal or medical are from God, but aside from the medicines there are thousands of factors that play role in healing of someone. Those factors that mostly are unknown for man can be changed by God.

Last edited:
I don't want to make people disappointed but I believe using mask and observing social distance can't prevent the malady certainly. Of course something floating on the sea is better than nothing for he who is going to drown!

What can do a thin mask against a virus that is smaller than every particle and is floating in the air?! What effectiveness is in two meters distance between two citizens When the virus can travel 10 meters with a low flow of air?! Moving a car in the street can create such the flow or a ventilator in a station replace a notable volume of air in the place! And wind itself!

These unreliable alternatives (using mask and observing social distance ) seems to make people confident and reduce their anxiety but in fact those are not effective prevention against Covid-19 virus. The virus passes from the thin structure of the normal masks easily. Some medical personnel were infected by the virus while they even used N-99 masks and other preventative equipment!

Of course staying at home is better than all, though the immunization in a house is not 100%. The virus can find its way into the houses as well. For example a member of family can carry the virus into the house or virus can be carried into the house by air flow ( from the neighbor's house)!

I had a recommendation in an Iranian forum that mostly discuss about aviation but nobody paid attention to my word.

I recommended, some transport aircraft such as C-130 spray the disinfectant liquid on the cities (the populous places and central streets and neighborhoods) at low altitude.

This manner of disinfection cover a great area of the cities and also eliminate the floating viruses in the air. It is like a rain that wash the flying viruses and demolish them. Also, the particles of the sprayed disinfectant liquid cover the things and building in a vast area of the cities and don't allow the strayed viruses to remain alive and active.

Such the air disinfection is more effective, easier and faster than handy disinfection on the ground and it cover the air of a city additionally. With this method all the air and ground of the populous area of the cities are disinfected less than an hour.

Doing air disinfection repeatedly during a week can root up the viruses in the area notably and reduce the risk of increasing the number of new patients significantly. Then such the area of the cities can be considered as "white area" and the restriction of traffic can be canceled .

Then the business center, market and shops in the safe area can continue their works!

So based on my idea using aircraft as vehicles that spray disinfectant liquid on the air of central areas of the cities is the best method and thus root up the viruses that are floating in the air or ambushing somewhere on the ground to infect healthy persons.

Last edited:
I don't want to make people disappointed but I believe using mask and observing social distance can't prevent the malady certainly. Of course something floating on the sea is better than nothing for he who is going to drown!

What can do a thin mask against a virus that is smaller than every particle and is floating in the air?! What effectiveness is in two meters distance between two citizens When the virus can travel 10 meters with a low flow of air?! Moving a car in the street can create such the flow or a ventilator in a station replace a notable volume of air in the place! And wind itself!

These unreliable alternatives (using mask and observing social distance ) seems to make people confident and reduce their anxiety but in fact those are not effective prevention against Covid-19 virus. The virus passes from the thin structure of the normal masks easily. Some medical personnel were infected by the virus while they even used N-99 masks and other preventative equipment!

Of course staying at home is better than all, though the immunization in a house is not 100%. The virus can find its way into the houses as well. For example a member of family can carry the virus into the house or virus can be carried into the house by air flow ( from the neighbor's house)!

I had a recommendation in an Iranian forum that mostly discuss about aviation but nobody paid attention to my word.

I recommended, some transport aircraft such as C-130 spray the disinfectant liquid on the cities (the populous places and central streets and neighborhoods) at low altitude.

This manner of disinfection cover a great area of the cities and also eliminate the floating viruses in the air. It is like a rain that wash the flying viruses and demolish them. Also, the particles of the sprayed disinfectant liquid cover the things and building in a vast area of the cities and don't allow the strayed viruses to remain alive and active.

Such the air disinfection is more effective, easier and faster than handy disinfection on the ground and it cover the air of a city additionally. With this method all the air and ground of the populous area of the cities are disinfected less than an hour.

Doing air disinfection repeatedly during a week can root up the viruses in the area notably and reduce the risk of increasing the number of new patients significantly. Then such the area of the cities can be considered as "white area" and the restriction of traffic can be canceled .

Then the business center, market and shops in the safe area can continue their works!

So based on my idea using aircraft as vehicles that spray disinfectant liquid on the air of central areas of the cities is the best method and thus root up the viruses that are floating in the air or ambushing somewhere on the ground to infect healthy persons.
Masks and distancing are a mitigation method, not absolute prevention.

Your idea is not practical because most transmission occurs indoors in places with poor ventilation. Also the efficacy of surface disinfection for an airborne disease questionable.

Furthermore the health aspects of spraying disinfectant where people reside and would breathe it in would need to be considered.

I agree. Unless one is wearing an eye shield and an N 95 mask, the pollen and dust mask one is wearing is useless if someone has the virus/flu and coughs at you, you are going to get zapped. Just my opinion .

I like this explanation.
pants.jpg
pants.jpg

Nobody thinks masks are 100% effective. Just that they're far more effective than doing nothing.

Yes, that's right. I myself pointed to this subject:

"Of course something floating on the sea is better than nothing for he who is going to be drowned"

Thank you

Your idea is not practical because most transmission occurs indoors in places with poor ventilation. Also the efficacy of surface disinfection for an airborne disease questionable.
But when the virus is demolished in outdoor it effects the indoors, because the virus is carried from outdoor into buildings.
Furthermore the health aspects of spraying disinfectant where people reside and would breathe it in would need to be considered.
But ordinary masks can be as an barrier against the particles of the disinfectant liquid that spread out in the environment. Also it is not necessary the airborne disinfection is done when a mass of people are in outdoor. This method of disinfection can be applied at midnight or when people are alerted about the airborne disinfection time to stay at home or other indoor places for a while. Also the danger of being infected by the virus is more than breathing a plenty little amount of disinfectant things.

It is good I tell this news that I read somewhere. An Arabian little boy drinks a bottle of gasoline as lemonade!! He loves to drink a bottle of this fuel everyday and it is his habit, and at the time I read the news he was healthy exactly! LOL

However, today people breathe a lot of smoke and chemical things in the cities which are produced by cars and industrial factories so breathing a very little particles of the disinfectant liquids seems not to be a serious risk

Last edited:
I agree. Unless one is wearing an eye shield and an N 95 mask, the pollen and dust mask one is wearing is useless if someone has the virus/flu and coughs at you, you are going to get zapped. Just my opinion .
The problem is that all people can't use eye shield and N 95 masks, whether because of financial causes or other reasons (for example the great number of poor people of India).

Also the people who access the shield and mask are not able to use them all day and night and in every place (for example in a restaurant that they want to have a meal).

In addition to these, I have heard, breathing with N 95 or N 99 masks is not easy.

Please note

I didn't deny using mask and observing the other medical recommendations like social distance or disinfecting hands and environment with the disinfectant substances; those are effective relatively, but I just told, those ordinary masks are not a warranty being safe against the disease.

In fact up to now, it is not found out an alternative to guarantee the safety of people against the virus 100% effectively.

Only discovering a right vaccine can put an end in the virus duration.

Yes, that's right. I myself pointed to this subject:

"Of course something floating on the sea is better than nothing for he who is going to be drowned"

Thank you
No, we were saying very different things. You think masks are a desperate measure, but not so helpful. I think masks are quite helpful but not 100% effective. Just so you're not confused.

Japan used masks and disinfectant as much as possible from day one. It didn't do a good job of tracking the disease. Ultimately, Japan has had a fraction of the cases that Western countries have. I can't prove that's the difference, but it seems pretty likely.

It is better people use two ordinary masks instead one. Two masks that one covers another are more reliable. They also can put a Kleenex beneath their masks.

It is better people use two ordinary masks instead one. Two masks that one covers another are more reliable. They also can put a Kleenex beneath their masks.
True. The more layers the better. I stopped by a relative's house to pick something up today. She's an ER physician and she had on two masks while we met and were talking in her driveway.

A new strain of the coronavirus has been reported in the UK that - according to first reports - is 70% more infectious than other variants of the virus. Mr Johnson has cancelled Christmas and several EU and non-EU states imposed travel restrictions on the UK.

All viruses, and indeed coronaviruses, mutate all the time, so it is not unexpected that this new variant has emerged. Dr Muge Cevik, a member of the government's New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group (Nervtag), said that more than 4,000 Sars-Cov-2 mutations had been observed so far, of which maybe a handful appeared to be of any significance. The chief medical officer for England, Chris Whitty, said the new variant discovered in the south-east could be up to 70% more transmissible and could increase the R value by 0.4 or more. Given the data so far, it does not appear to raise the risk of severe illness or the mortality rate.

In more scientific lingo:

Back
Top Bottom