What's new

COVID-19 Coronavirus: global situation

Mansoor

Sempai
4 Mar 2016
I previously knew Japan manufactures a car model, namely Corona and I l loved it because of its good smoothness and acceleration and other facilities. Although I hadn't enough money to buy one, I always wished to have a Corona car, after German Benz, British Jaguar or American Buck! But now, another Corona has arrived in the global markets that have made a dreadful time for people. This Corona is not a Japanese car but is a fatal virus that doesn't show pity to anyone, and it seems to be a messenger of an angel of death!

Medicines are trying to stop its activation, but apparently, they are fighting with a new and unknown virus that its activation mechanism is not vivid for them. All countries in the world were alerted about this fatal virus, while some countries were a victim for the virus, namely Corona.

Once, I released an alert about the unusual foods that some people use in the east or west! The meat of dog, cat, monkey, snake and eating some insects that are the host of a type or many types of viruses that the worst are scorpion and cockroaches!

I say surely, one of the suspicious source of coming up ( mutation) of the Coronavirus can be these abnormal foods that their bases are the meat of the beasts or insects that usually are collections of any type or the virus. Don't forget if the conditions of these viruses are changed. They can turn into a newer virus with more fatality. For example, if one of the known virus in the body of a dog or cockroach is transferred into the body of a human (by eating), it can be mutated into a new virus such as Ebola, SARS or Corona.

So I recommend seriously that these people stop eating such dangerous beasts and insects as food. If not, they should wait for another mortal virus similar to Corona, rather more deadly than it.

Please be careful about what I warned!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind the images. That OP is so full of medical and scientific inaccuracies it should be covered with a banner that reads PARODY which you can remove by clicking. Of course if someone went full bore delete it on it I would be understanding, although I think free speech means we just get a warning about how preposterous it is but it stays.

It was not even put in the correct section.

And two words about "dangerous" meats....mad and cow.

Last edited:
Never mind the images. That OP is so full of medical and scientific inaccuracies it should be covered with a banner that reads PARODY which you can remove by clicking. Of course if someone went full bore delete it on it I would be understanding, although I think free speech means we just get a warning about how preposterous it is but it stays.

It was not even put in the correct section.

And two words about "dangerous" meats....mad and cow.
I put the warning on, though would be perfectly happy for one of the other moderators to delete the vile images.

Dear thomas

I actually didn't know, the images that are found in the internet easily can make somebodies uneasy, while I'm sure they have seen such the pictures in other places or even in some restaurant or streets shops live!

The pictures themselves were a part of warning and deleting them makes the article incomplete. My purpose was not to make somebodies uneasy but I pointed (by the pictures) to an important issue that can be one of the most suspicious sources of the epidemic diseases.

I respect others' choice and feeling, but we must not close our eyes on some theories that depend on the public health, because of a bad feeling of visiting the pictures that are overt in the internet or even are as a routine in some cities of the world.

I think the protester was annoyed because of a kind feeling of pity to the pets like dogs or cats instead of disgusting of the type of those foods. However, this is what is done overtly in some restaurants and street fast food shops in some areas and people can observe them openly.

I think in the scientific matters or such the overt customs (in some areas) we should ignore our opposite emotion or affections. The pictures were not critical; they only showed the unusual foods that are cooked in some lands openly, and I just pointed to them as the probable source of the new diseases that come up with changing some known viruses into the new ones with more potential danger.

Last edited:
Cold and flu viruses are constantly mutating and constantly transferring from one animal population to the next. Eating the animals or not eating them isn't really the point; having contact with them is. If you touch a surface that a sick animal has touched, and then rub your eyes or eat without washing your hands, then you can easily get sick, just the same way colds transfer between people.

Even if the virus originated in a bat this time, nobody needed to eat a bat to get sick. Bats take shelter in people's homes, sheds, and barns all the time. It would only be a matter of time before someone got sick if it was cross-species contagious.

It has nothing to do with the type of animal either, other than that the more closely related animals are the more easily the virus can cross species. That's why most cross-species viruses that affect us are from warm-blooded animals (e.g. swine and avian flus). I mean, from the animals' point of view, if they could understand what was happening, humans are spreading cold and flu viruses all over the world and infecting almost every species that can be infected.

Even if the viruses didn't cross species, it still mutates even while simply moving among human hosts. This is why flu vaccines are seasonal and cold vaccines don't usually exist (they *could* exist, but colds - including coronavirus - mutate so fast that a vaccine wouldn't provide protection for very long before the virus you're vaccinated against has mutated beyond recognition).

Anyway, just because you are repulsed by some of the dietary practices in other cultures doesn't mean those practices are any more unsanitary than any others. Ultimately all food comes from living things, and living things can carry disease.

Mansoor - Your opinion that the coronavirus came from people eating unusual food (though what is unusual for one culture is usual for another) may be correct and you meant well in posting the warning, but the warning could have been made without adding those highly unpleasant pictures. There is sometimes a case for showing shocking images but I don't think this was one of them - it's widely known that some people eat dogs and other animals that would be taboo in most countries.

Excuse me...what? The pictures were not of butchery, blood and guts. The pictures were of cooked and ready to eat meat, no more objectively vile than pictures of whole cooked chicken or pig. Lots of things are shocking the first time its seen and people are damned unapologetic about it and totally insensitive when its their own culture. A steak alone might be shocking to a Hindu. Is this site going to bow everyone's pathetic sensitivity to certain pixels?

You know what is really vile? CENSORSHIP. Covering the pictures was plenty. Removing them was disgusting.

Anyway, my sig has not changed in years.

Edit: When I was talking about deleting in my first reply, I mean the grossly incorrect post, not just the images.

Attachments

• pixels.png
    pixels.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Eating the animals or not eating them isn't really the point; having contact with them is.

I think the link is very strong though. The only reason so many animals are herded into conditions that exponentially increase the odds of disease outbreaks is for food production. If people didn't eat them, such scenarios would be even more rare than they are now.

Also, I have to point out that cross species diseases are quite rare in the grand scheme of things in any case. The concept of avoiding contact with animals to prevent disease makes far less sense than avoiding contact with other humans.

But yes, just the act of eating a kind of meat does not generally spread disease because, after all, those meats are usually cooked to the point that nothing but prions are going to get to you. (again, mad cow).

Edit: I went back and read the OP and I see more clearly why you called him on that. Yeah, it was one of the things I was thinking in my first reply. Thanks for fleshing that out because I was so gobsmacked by the horrific inaccuracies I could not be bothered.

Excuse me...what? The pictures were not of butchery, blood and guts. The pictures were of cooked and ready to eat meat, no more objectively vile than pictures of whole cooked chicken or pig. Lots of things are shocking the first time its seen and people are damned unapologetic about it and totally insensitive when its their own culture. A steak alone might be shocking to a Hindu. Is this site going to bow everyone's pathetic sensitivity to certain pixels?

You know what is really vile? CENSORSHIP. Covering the pictures was plenty. Removing them was disgusting.

Anyway, my sig has not changed in years.

Edit: When I was talking about deleting in my first reply, I mean the grossly incorrect post, not just the images.
At what point do you draw the line regarding censorship? Images of child abuse? Someone has to draw the line somewhere and three moderators were in agreement that the pictures were better removed.

What happens on the forum here is up to the owner and his staff. Instead of complaining about it , feel free to leave. Internet trolls who get their rocks off by arguing , complaining , and wanting other people to see their point of view is the only correct one eventually get banned and go elsewhere to scream how unjust they were treated. Don't like things here , don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.
PS...my feeling and comments in this post and no one else is involved , so take it with a grain of salt as they say.

Instead of complaining about it , feel free to leave.

That's pure unadulterated shite. People like you have an overlord bent and just can't handle anything resembling a democracy. A forum is made of its members and if you don't give a crap what its members think then its YOU who should leave.

Of course I want my frakking say. If I didn't, I would not want to be a member of a forum. Of course I want to hear from other members (half decent commentary anyway), otherwise I would not be a member of a forum. But that's me. Other people have different motives (cough). But I tell you what I do and don't appreciate in addition to all that. I don't appreciate the TRUTH (pictures) getting deleted while LIES (the plethora of false and dangerous information) is left instead.

Now I am presented with the hassle of challenging pure crap or let it go unfettered. The pictures were unassailable in themselves.

What happens on the forum here is up to the owner and his staff.

The Hell you think I am going to do? Go bang someone's head on a table? Pull your license? Unplug the fracking servers? All I did was voice my opinion on the matter in the hope some reason would be seen. You can take it, or you can leave it with no consequence. I have no power. But don't be a baby pulling your pathetic badge on me. Grow up.

Can't take pixels and can't take words? Maybe the internet just ain't for you then. But I won't say leave. I say IMPROVE.

Don't like things here , don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

Just be clear not only should I never voice my opinion if its negative, not only do I have to agree, but now I also have to "like" it. Is this a forum or a bondage dungeon?

Last edited:
At what point do you draw the line regarding censorship?

Easy. The law, though I curse it. And the authorities' intervention, though I curse that too. Of course this site has to follow the law and cannot shirk the men in black suits that shake everybody down.

You guys can do what you want. I can't stop it so no need to be nervous. If my dissenting voice has wounded anyone so, then maybe I have a good point eh?

Attachments

• Words.jpg
    Words.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 413
I have to concur with my teammates. Just like most other online fora, we are not a model parliament or a democratic experiment. Our members are part of a community founded on certain values and principles that you have agreed to when you signed up to this forum. Principles that are being enforced when broken. You don't like our ToS? No need to fight the windmills.

I like to compare fora to restaurants: you are welcome as long as you comply with the basic terms established by the owners. They don't want you to belch in public? Respect it or leave. They don't want you to break glasses after toasting? Go elsewhere. Don't like the menu? See above.

Whether or not Mansoor's post was scientifically sound, we deemed it inappropriate and unnecessary to post images of grilled canines. I fail to see any "improvement" in allowing such graphic content and we shall continue to remove them.

You don't like our ToS? we deemed it inappropriate and unnecessary to post images of grilled canines.

I never said anything about the Terms of Service yet. Why? Cause there is nothing in the ToS about "inappropriate and unnecessary" that I can see. We have this: "Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indescent or unlawful material or information. "

Would "inappropriate" fall under "indecent"? Not in my mind. And I find both words too subjective in this or any case to be practical. And even if I accept that a picture of Chinese cuisine is "inappropriate" it still won't tell me if a picture of a roasted pig with an apple in its mouth is. That's European and American cuisine. I know a vegetarian won't like it, but who else? There is very little out there that someone out there won't like. And it just won't all fit in a ToS.

Please keep in mind my concern here is for the precedent being set. And this one is murky. And murky I find dangerous.

Our members are part of a community founded on certain values and principles that you have agreed to when you signed up to this forum.

I am pretty sure some things have changed since I joined but I have tell you: if its not in the ToS I never agreed to it. Obviously I can't agree to what I don't know. But "inappropriate and unnecessary" are simply not in the ToS.

My personal favorite part of the ToS is the following: "User specifically acknowledges and agrees that JREF is not liable for any conduct of any User (including Team Members). " I know it isn't, but I certainly wish that were an iron clad disclaimer. It should be. It should be all any website ever need say. But Ross Ulbricht can attest to the fact that that won't always protect you.

Yet in a case like this hiding the picture until clicked by a user was fine. It allowed freedom while protecting those terrified of what they might see, bizarre as I see the concept. Any freedom is always an improvement and beware those that scorn freedom!

As ever its your forum and you have to run it as you deem necessary. No dispute there. Thanks for all your hard work and thanks for even talking about this.

Edit: Might want to add that "disturbing" images are not allowed? Seems to fit this situation best...even if I hope it doesn't happen I think a clear ToS is important.

Last edited:
What happens on the forum here is up to the owner and his staff. Instead of complaining about it , feel free to leave. Internet trolls who get their rocks off by arguing , complaining , and wanting other people to see their point of view is the only correct one eventually get banned and go elsewhere to scream how unjust they were treated. Don't like things here , don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.
PS...my feeling and comments in this post and no one else is involved , so take it with a grain of salt as they say.

Uncle Frank

As I explained before, my purpose was not to impose my opinion to others. I just posed the subject as one of the suspicious source of the epidemic diseases. As Mark of Zero told, the pictures showed the scene of some cooked animals such as dog, cat, scorpion and snake that usually the majority of people don't use them and disgust to have them.

My discussion was about a medicine theory for finding out the source of the new viruses like Corona or other mutated virus or bacteria. We all humans in the world are exposed to these dangerous viruses that can recall the angel of death! As you read or hear the news, Corona is deadly and can destroy the life of citizens. It is new and unknown for medicines and it is not possible to be made a vaccine against it in a short time. It has killed many patients up to now and is continuing its mortality so. It is spreading out in the world day after the day and it is not obvious who will get the severe sickness tomorrow, me or you or another person in the areas.

I don't like to die in the spring age by this small monster, and am curious to know its origin source and I noticed those unusual foods as one of the suspicious factors. Surely, eating the infected foods has more risk than touching the animals, as Mark of Zero pointed. The discussion was because of this feeling and alert. We should find out the source of mutation of viruses and what is more obvious than the disgusting foods that are not compatible with the nature and biology of human's body.

Probably If the viruses that live in the uneatable animals' body enter the human's digestive system frequently can be mutated into a new one gradually, because of the biological reasons that are not intelligible for man, yet.

Whether or not Mansoor's post was scientifically sound, we deemed it inappropriate and unnecessary to post images of grilled canines.
I didn't see the original message but I personally would've reported anything of the sort. What could the picture provide to the conversation?

Anyway, I've been lurking and reading the replies and I think there's a way to request things from people to increase chances of success. Demanding is usually less fruitful than requesting politely. Aggressively demanding something puts people on the defensive and can easily lead to conflict I find.

but I personally would've reported anything of the sort.

Why though??

What could the picture provide to the conversation?

A LOT. In my case, I did not know anybody ate scorpion, and the picture was better proof than someone making an unsourced claim. The pictures of the dog immediately made me see the similarities with pig, and so I have used it in my retorts.

I have an adage for you: the road to hell is paved with good intentions. That said, people who report often don't even have good intentions. I was on a Facebook group that had one simple rule: you report and the admin kicks you out of the group. I miss that group, but guess what? Facebook is a pack of fascists so the group got deleted. Incidentally, not a single person died of pixel poisoning. Not a single snowflake.

I don't expect to see grilled dogs on a forum which revolves around Japan, it's that simple. If I want to see gore I'll go in something awful or run the gauntlet. I appreciate not being exposed to those so I think moderation did the right thing.

The OP could've provided urls for the pictures so that people who want to see roasted scorpions can do so at their leisure. To expose them publicly isn't needed to support the rationale.

To refer to your adage, you might very well be a swell guy to around but your abrasive diatribe makes it difficult not to focus on the form at the detriment of what you are trying to say.

You don't have to believe me, just look what happened; the feedback you got from your explosive reaction was to be shown the door. You say you miss your Facebook group, why not avoid something similar happening here is all I'm saying. You seem to like it here, might as well make the most out of the place.

I don't expect to see grilled dogs on a forum which revolves around Japan, it's that simple.

So you wish to foist your desire for a "Japan only" echo chamber on others? I wonder just how far into Japanese nationalism and that can go? Do you even know this forum has a whole China section? And, you know, I am afraid the international nature of the internet and the modern world is going to dog you wherever you go. The international virus the OP is worried about certainly has no intention of leaving you alone.

Incidentally I hear you can get dog meat at Japanese China towns. Seems to be legal so long as its imported.

If I want to see gore

Thank you for proving my point about the dangers of censorship. You are railing against pictures you didn't see based your imagination of the pictures. There was no gore whatsoever. Everything was cooked and ready to eat, the snakes, the bats, the dogs and the scorpions. There would have been more gore in a half-cooked hamburger, something you have probably seen dozens of times and barely thought about. But that won't trigger any xenophobic thoughts since its your own culture.

I appreciate not being exposed to those

Again this proves my point about censorship. You appreciate not being exposed to what you don't know you weren't exposed to. But anyway, the OP offered massive warnings in the OP (now also censored) and I believe Lothor took the extra step of covering the pictures for you to choose to view or not with a click. Seemed like the absolute right steps to me up that point.

The OP could've provided urls for the pictures

The exact opposite is generally prescribed. Some sites don't like you increasing their bandwidth this way. I avoid doing that whenever possible because neither the source site nor the posting site likes it much and maybe not today but in the past it caused them problems.

To expose them publicly isn't needed to support the rationale.

This is your opinion. In a world where journalists constantly pull stock photos out of their bumhole and stick them to stories they "seem" to belong with, the OP was being more solidly a journalist than today's standard practice. One could also ask what is the value of a picture of Angela Merkle last year shaking hands with Trump when the story is about a phone call she had with Trump yesterday? You wouldn't say anything like "isn't needed" then, so why are you saying it now?

You seem to like it here, might as well make the most out of the place.

You have to understand, what I liked about here was less censorship and what I thought was a more staunch intent to keep it to a minimum. I was completely in shock at how this went down. My disappointment remains deep. You don't know just how deeply I abhor censorship. It makes me want to break things, including faces. Free speech is not the First Amendment of my country's Constitution for funsies.

And do you really not think a warning in the title and a cover over the pictures was enough? Why?

Attachments

• simplecomplex.jpg
    simplecomplex.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
Am I right that we cannot hide pictures ourselves? That's unfortunate.

Also, am I right that the ToS does not forbid URLs to any sort of site at all? We can literally post any link and it will either just be left or deleted and no punishment no matter what?

You don't know just how deeply I abhor censorship. It makes me want to break things, including faces.
Oh I'm starting to get the picture idea, don't worry.

Free speech is not the First Amendment of my country's Constitution for funsies.
I don't think the forum adheres to the American Constitution unless I missed something. I didn't agree to it when I signed up anyway. There are members here who come from all over the world and don't care for America's Freedom of Speech.

You have to understand, what I liked about here was less censorship and what I thought was a more staunch intent to keep it to a minimum. I was completely in shock at how this went down. My disappointment remains deep.
Well, just leave then if you don't like it. No one is forcing you to be here. Honestly, the fact that you were in shock about something so trivial makes me think you haven't been expelled for the last time. I'd be in shock if I experienced a car accident or something but to say that removing pictures of grilled scorpions as shocking is a bit of an hyperbole to say the least. Holy. And then journalism, and the Constitution and Xenophobia.

I mean, I haven't seen such a dramatic reaction since watching Mel Gibson's speech at the end of 'Braveheart'. I've said my piece, enjoy your fight.

I don't think the forum adheres to the American Constitution unless I missed something. I didn't agree to it when I signed up anyway. There are members here who come from all over the world and don't care for America's Freedom of Speech.

Do you seriously not understand my point was the importance of the freedom of speech while merely using the American Constitution as an example of its importance? Are really so confused you thought I was trying to say this forum should abide by the American Constitution? Really? I am really asking you here. Don't think its rhetorical. Really?

but to say that removing pictures of grilled scorpions as shocking is a bit of an hyperbole to say the least.

If my use of the word "shock" does not meet with your local English usage standards, then how about "surprised and angered"? And if what makes you surprised and angered differs from me, then thank your lucky stars I am not making subjective decisions about what you post.

Ah hell. I don't even know why I am even talking to you anymore given your completely irrational retort about the U.S. Constitution.

Well, just leave then if you don't like it.

A very common attitude which helps explain why all social media sucks now. Trying to keep running forever won't fix anything and won't protect anything. Eventually there just isn't anywhere left to run to.

I've said my piece, enjoy your fight.

Well I guess I won't get an answer to my question. Oh well, I think I already know the answer anyway.

Well, just leave then if you don't like it.

After clearly saying a place I did like got deleted, one would think such a comment would have been precluded. SMH The places I liked are gone. Yes there were more. All gone. I literally cannot even think of where I could go next....no place with actual freedom anyway.

Back
Top Bottom