What's new

Comfort women for UN soldiers

Astroboy

先輩
5 Dec 2007
The following is a September 14, 1961 article from the Donga Ilbo:

ツ"UN Soldier Comfort Women Registration Starts on the 13thツ"

From the _3th, as planned, the Seoul Metropolitan Police transferred the authority to register comfort women for UN soldiers to the front-line offices of the city's Social Bureau (UN Soldiers' Comfort Women VD Control Section).
Officials said, however, that this registration applies to women living with even one foreigner, regardless of legal marital status, and to women working as comfort women for UN soldiers.
http://bbs.enjoykorea.jp/tbbs/read.php?board_id=thistory&page=5&nid=1839518

So UN soldiers (US, UK, Dutch, etc. ) in Korean War enjoyed Comfort women organized by SK government. 😊

Its too bad this never got any responses.

As much as I am abhorred by the idea of sex slaves, I don't have a problem with prostitution per se. Cause I mean, dang, if I did, I would be against mine work, because as much as many get paid, there is always going to be a slave of a mine worker somewhere. To avoid that we ban mine working?? Just plain stupid.

I have to say I don't like the euphemism "comfort women" at all, as its an obvious attempt to obfuscate the truth. That word, taken from Japanese, does not differentiate between a paid and respected prostitute and a young girl taken from her family to pay a debt or just plain kidnapped and getting raped by dozens of soldiers per day. Any word that does that is a pile of $#!T.

Back
Top Bottom