What's new

Classic American Cars in Japan?

johnny p

後輩
22 May 2004
hello everyone,

i recently heard that there is a big market in japan for older american cars. i have a big beautiful ford that isn't really desirable in america because it's a 4-door and all our collectors want coupes.

if there's any real interest in japan, is there a website i could investigate to try to sell my car? or, even better, maybe someone on this forum might be interested:

a 68 LTD sedan, original 390 engine, green w/ black vinyl top. it's in great shape. check it out.

john pence,
hillsborough, north carolina, usa

Attachments

• littler sunny side.jpg
    littler sunny side.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 179
There isn't really a place you can just export it to. If you were military you could bring it with you here, and sell it after a year. There a Japanese Exporters who go around looking for deals in the US, export them and flip them for huge profits. They won't give you what it's worth. Best to bring it yourself, but the Classic cars that are popular and demand large amounts of Yen are shoebox's, camaros, chargers and stuff like that.

Ahhhh....

now that was my dream car!! 1968 Dodge Charger with the 426 HEMI!! Up the revs, pop the clutch, and burn a new set of tires bald in seconds! 150 MPH off the showroom floor! Felt like you were going to end up in the trunk when you put the power to the wheels! When I win powerball, I will hunt one down and feel the power again.

Frank

😊

Back
Top Bottom