What's new

Childrens Manga in the UK

D

dark_secrester

Does anyone know where I can get hold of some manga for children in FULL japanese (no english unless it is part of the story) in the UK? Online or anything.

I need quite a bit, I don't care how childish it is. It doesn't even have to be mangas, just kid's books. One of the requirements for JLPT is to read a piece of text. I want to practice this, but I need to practice on child's stuff (as my level of Japanese is still lower than Japanese children's).

Thanks.

I would recommend www .yesasia.com over www .amazon.co.jp for shipping Japanese language books and comics to the UK. I've found it to be easier, cheaper and often faster. Of course the user reviews you find on Amazon make that an invaluable site to help you make your decisions and they seem to have a wider range of books and manga for sale.

However, if you only know about 25 kanji and 10 words as it says in your signature I don't think you would get much benefit from reading authentic texts and recommend that you stick with your textbooks and other materials designed for learners for the time being. I think at about JLPT 3 level when you've finished your textbook and got a handle on all of the basic grammar would be a more appropriate level to dive into manga aimed at Japanese natives.

I know a lot more, however, I am going by the ones I have revised in JLPT stuff. Eg I know around 1000 words but I haven't checked them yet, I know about 150 kanji but again, havent checked them.

Thanks about the site links!

Back
Top Bottom