What's new

Chicago - Japanese Friends

spine

後輩
22 Aug 2003
Hi I want to learn Japanese and wanted to know if there are any fluent speakers in Chicago (or near Chicago) that would like to help me learn.

I have plenty of books but need to learn how to speak and respond with someone who knows Japanese.

Thanks!

Check out this market near where I work:

www.mitsuwachicago.net

That store is excellent!!!
I so wish we had something like that here in Detroit.
Where are you in Chicago? My father is in Palos Heights and Uncles in Tinley Park and Willow Springs.

If you want, I come out that way about 3 or 4 times a year, we can meet up and discuss what we have learned and practice our speach?

Originally posted by samuraitora
That store is excellent!!!
I so wish we had something like that here in Detroit.
Where are you in Chicago? My father is in Palos Heights and Uncles in Tinley Park and Willow Springs.

If you want, I come out that way about 3 or 4 times a year, we can meet up and discuss what we have learned and practice our speach?

Great! I live on the far south side near Calumet City, Illinois but I work in Des Plaines 10 minutes from O'Hare Airport. Let me know when you are coming out here.

That store is really cool! Lot's of Japanese treats!

Thanks!

many universities have language tables for foreign exchange students to interact with americans (to facilitate conversational speaking)
the language dept of a particular university the best place to start asking?
good luck

edit: thanks for the market link! me and the wife will check it out whenever we get to chicago

Ah, I just went to Mitsuwa yesterday! It was packed with ppl, way more than the last time I went. I bought a bunch of jpop stuff. >.> I love that place. It is. my sanctuary.

Originally posted by samuraitora
I don't want to sound like a boob, but what is mitsuwa?

mitsuwachicago.net-广州饭团宠物有限公司-首页

:)

Click one of the links! Yeah there was a Asian Club at my colelge but I never had time to join. I'm not Asian but that wasn't a requirement. It would of been great to practice conversing with someone.

Any Asian Clubs in Chicago??

Back
Top Bottom