What's new

Changing a user name?? Good idea/bad idea??

Grandpa Frank

先輩
21 May 2003
Lord knows why, but I have a strong desire this month to change my user name. I used my real name when I joined , hoping old Japanese friends would see my name and contact me. If it hasn't happened by now, it never will I guess. I kind of like "Uncle Frank", sounds like a type of guy who is everyones friend. I worry a little about losing recognition of my identity by changing my user name, but then again, I have signed my posts as Uncle Frank for a while now. Can anyone think of reasons for NOT changing?? I don't want to put in a request to admin for a change and then find out I upset anyone; hate having JREF members upset over anything. Any thoughts??

Thanks, Uncle Frank

:? :? :? :?

^^ i only view you as Uncle Frank when i see your posts i think YAY Uncle Frank i think it would be a good idea Uncle Frank shows off your friendly and helpful nature ^___________________________________________^

BTW i still can't get into chat = (

You should keep your user name...but this is coming from a person who dislikes change...well at first. But then again if changing your user name would make you happy, go for it! I wouldn't but that's always my first reaction. Maybe you should take your time and think about it for like a year or ten! :)

Well, having your name all over internet is something I personally am against. I can understand you perfectly :)

I vote to change it Frank. Uncle Frank does sound better and it's what everyone calls you anyway. The regulars will know who you are and the newbies, while not knowing your previous handle, will never be the wiser. Goe for it!

To everyone here at JREF, you're famous as being Uncle Frank, so why not make the change official! I'm in your corner 200 percent!

👍

Back
Top Bottom