What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

CAT & DOG OWNERS BEWARE !!!!!!

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
Do you use flea & tick control on your pet that's applied to the back of the neck? Our friend's cat started having sizures about an hour after using such a product on it. It appears the ones containing the chemical "PHENOTHRIN" can cause problems. It seems to build up in the pets body so the first few times it's used there are no problems, then boom, the bomb drops. Some companies like FRONTLINE use a new safer chemical. Hartz & Farnam's still use the old chemical "phenothrin" and I guess there are a lot of lawsuits going on over death of pets. I guess the bottom line is, don't buy bargan products, use what your vet says is safe and follow the directions closely. I once bought some cheap stuff at CVS drug store for my cat and she acted like I put acid on her(had to wash it right off). Anyway, check with you vet about what's safe for your pet and watch out for the chemical "phenothrin" listed on a product; you might use it several times and then suddenly lose you beloved pet.

Frank

:( 😭

misa.j

先輩
Reaction score
Thanks for the news, Frank!

FRONTLINE is the brand of flea control that I use on my dog. I usually get them at the vet, and she never had a problem.

Top Bottom