What's new

Career advantage?

JerseyBoy

Back in town
31 Dec 2005
If he/she comes back to Japan after getting the college degree from one of the well known state universities in USA with several years of work experience, does a Japanese national have a better opportunity to earn more money in Japan than working in USA? I know it is difficult to generalize this as each individual is different from others.

In a book titled What They Teach You at Harvard Business School by Philip Delves Broughton, some of the Harvard MBA graduates decided to build their careers in their home countries (such as India) instead of staying in USA to become one of many MBA holders. They saw a home-turf advantage over the local competition in the job market.

It not about the comparison between Japan and the US, but might be interesting for you.

トップビジネススクールを出た方へ質問 | キャリア・職場 | 発言小町
ニ暖ニ鍛ニ致ニ池ニ淡ニ値ニ湛ニ湛ニ誰ツーニ停?ケ窶堙ーツ出窶堋ス窶「テサ窶堙滅スツソ窶禿「
ナステ・ツ人窶堋ェナス窶樞?敕ッ窶堙??「テ?坂?倪?堙姑暖ニ鍛ニ致窶嗟窶啾窶啻窶堙問?凖看?w窶堋オ窶堙??堋「窶堙懌?堋キツ。
ツ坂?壺?堋「ナ?w窶敕ッ窶堙ーナスx窶「ツ・窶堋「窶堙ーナスx窶「ツ・窶堙≫?堙??堋「窶堙ゥ窶「ツェツ、窶伉イ窶ケテ?津」窶堙個就ツ職ツ静ヲ窶堋ェ窶ケC窶堙俄?堙遺?堙ゥ窶堙ヲ窶堋、窶堙??堋キツ。

窶慊ッ窶堋カ窶堙ヲ窶堋、窶堙俄?「テ?坂?倪?堙姑暖ニ鍛ニ致ニ池ニ淡ニ値ニ湛ニ湛ニ誰ツーニ停?ケ窶堙ーツ出窶堋ス窶「テサツ、窶伉イ窶ケテ?津」窶堙最?テウ窶転窶凖岩?堙ィ窶堙個就ツ職窶堋ェツ出窶藩??堙懌?堋オ窶堋ス窶堋ゥツ?窶堙懌?堋ス窶堙ヲ窶堋「窶佚停?ケテカ窶堙ーナステウ窶堋ッ窶堙??堋ィ窶堙ィ窶堙懌?堋キ窶堋ゥツ?
窶ケテッ窶佚娯?廬窶堙俄?堙坂?堙??堙娯?堋ュ窶堙ァ窶堋「窶堙固ステサ窶愿シニ但ニ鍛ニ致窶堋ェ窶堋?窶堙ィ窶堙懌?堋オ窶堋ス窶堋ゥツ?
ニ畜ツーニ段ニ湛3000窶毒凪?懌┐窶堙坂?猫窶堙ィ窶慊セ窶堙遺?堋「窶堋ア窶堙??堙??堋キ窶堋ゥツ?

I would say it is not difficult to generalize, but that it is practically impossible, especially since you have not stated what experience and what career.

If you really want some answers, I suggest you ask someone who deals with questions like this, like Terrie Lloyd on www.daijob.com/en . Love to hear his response.

Back
Top Bottom