What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Cancelling a job contract prior start - consequences later

bigbillis

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I would like to ask about cancelling a job contract.
Last year I found a job in Japan through internet and I signed the contract. The company applied for a visa in Japan.
However, I could not go to Japan and I had to cancel the contract. The company cancelled the visa application.
I would like to know if there would be problems if I apply again for working visa in Japan through another company?

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Donor
Reaction score
I don't see why it would, why not try it and let us know?

how far did your application get before it was cancelled?

bigbillis

Registered
Reaction score
the company applied for the visa and after 1 month from the application I told them I cannot come in Japan and I want to cancel the contract. The visa wasn't issued yet at the time when I cancelled. They told me there may be issues if I want to obtain a working visa in Japan in the future, but there were not sure.

ishibai

後輩
Reaction score
the company applied for the visa and after 1 month from the application I told them I cannot come in Japan and I want to cancel the contract. The visa wasn't issued yet at the time when I cancelled. They told me there may be issues if I want to obtain a working visa in Japan in the future, but there were not sure.

don't worry about it and if it ends up becoming an issue get an immigration lawyer, I used to use one to do all my paperwork etc... they are very useful and know all the loopholes and can get you pretty much what you want.

Top Bottom