What's new

Can someone tell me what's going on?

Johnathan

先輩
25 Apr 2003
(I wasn't too sure where to post this...)

Okay, here's the story. Today at about 12:00 (noon) to about 12:35, I was planning to talk to my girlfriend on this site, through private messaging, because she didn't have any access to a phone at that time. And on that computer, instant message programs and E-mail are disabled.

I went here at around 12:00, and the site wasn't working. I tried Japanese culture, language, history, and travel, Japanese culture, language, history, and travel, Forum list, Forum list, Japanese culture, language, history, and travel, Japanese culture, language, history, and travel, etc. Every single time, I got "the page cannot be displayed." Other websites and internet-connecting programs worked; so I know I was connected to the internet. I just figured the site was down. And this happened a couple days ago, too (but at a different time.) So I just figured it was a site problem; no big deal.

Now (sometime after 3 PM), I check back, and the site is back up. But the thing is... I had some private messages from my girlfriend, and she was asking where I was. They were sent at the same time that the site was down for me. And she's in the same timezone, so it's not that.

How is that? The site was ONLY down for me? Was it down for other people, too? Why did it still work for her? Can someone help me?

Thanks for taking the time to read,
Johnathan

YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE !!

The site was down From Fri. till Sun. and today for a while. Thomas says they're working on things. Your girlfriend must have hit it just right or entered the Twilight Zone to get on? Anyway, hang in there, we all suffer from Forum withdrawl when it's down and you're not alone. Hopefully when we get on the new server all will go well !

Frank

yuh the forums gonna be kinda rickety for the next week or two as things are being moved around and its getting a facelift as well.
i guess some places get one while others cant, while the forum went down over the weekend i noticed some being on as early as 1am monday while i wasnt able to access it at like 7am. so it may just be holes in the net or first come first serve as we are running low on server resources right now.

Originally posted by Johnathan
(How is that? The site was ONLY down for me? Was it down for other people, too? Why did it still work for her? Can someone help me?
I'm not overly vexed that the site is down for upgrades or fixes, it's just that there's the expectation of a reasonable amount of advance warning when this will occur that I'm sure would have soothed a lot of nerves in this case. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom