What's new

Can someone send me a Mixi invite, please?

Janet Merai

先輩
10 Mar 2007
I'd like to join Mixi to improve my Japanese :3

Facebook isn't enough, Mixi looks quite good.

Anyone who is there, can you send me an invite?
My email is janetmerai_at_g_mail_dot_com

Username is ジャネットメライ

Thank you :3

I heard about this site from a Japanese friend once and had always wondered what it was I tried googling it they said it was called "Mikshi" and under the assumption it was a Japanese name I was spelling it using Japanese syllables. Had never thought to try it as Mixi because theres no symbol for xi in kana... Unless its an extended katakana character? Isnt it basically an Asian/Eastern social network site akin with Western/American/European social networking sites like facebook/myspace?

Isnt it basically an Asian/Eastern social network site akin with Western/American/European social networking sites like facebook/myspace?

Mixi is a Japanese site, not Asian/Eastern either, it's in Japanese, set up for Japanese. Other Eastern Asian countries don't use Japanese so unless they knew Japanese (language) they would have no idea what was written. Although many if not most Chinese could read the kanji, they would more than likely not know the kana, which is native to Japanese.

Following the example of Jesus, sometimes it is best to teach via the use of a parable:

A very pious and loving old Baptist had spent his entire life in eager anticipation of reaching Heaven and had vowed to himself that when he got there he was going to introduce himself to everyone and rejoice with them, for after all, joy is augmented by the sharing of it. When his time came and he was called to his Eternal Reward he set about doing exactly what he had planned in life. He dashed all around, shaking hands and embracing all he found in Heaven. But all was not bliss, for he found despite his best efforts there were some people who not only didn't share his joy, they ignored him completely. He voiced his frustration to one of his newfound friends.

"I can't understand it," he said. "I'm trying to meet everybody, but there's this one big group of people all sitting on folding chairs in a big circle. No matter what I try to say or do, they look right through me and only talk to each other. This is so disheartening and not at all as I imagined Heaven to be."

"Oh, don't worry about them," replied his friend. "That's the Church of Christ; they think they're the only ones here."

For most net users in Japan, the "World Wide Web" is superfluous. The Japan Wide Web is all they need, know, or want to know. Another way to visualize it is to imagine the entire population of Japan lined up along the shores of the country, with hands joined forming a perfect chain all the way around....and facing inland.

Another way to visualize it is to imagine the entire population of Japan lined up along the shores of the country, with hands joined forming a perfect chain all the way around....and facing inland.
This has got to be the line of the year!

Back
Top Bottom