What's new

Can someone look over my Japanese CV?

tom57

後輩
16 Jul 2017
upload_2017-7-15_18-39-44.png
upload_2017-7-15_18-40-4.png

How were you born in 昭和87?

Whatever combination of dictionaries and computer translation you used to generate that.... no, that is absolutely awful.

thanks. what should it be. I haven't come across anything like that in my study's.
and for the record its a combination of computer translation and hard gained knowledge.

ok explain it to me. I am a little stumped by it?
you are right it was a bit.
thank you for taking the time, I do appreciate it.

Your profile says you are 116 years old.

Just write your actual birth year in the same format you used elsewhere on the form. You don't need to convert it.

Which parts of the form were computer translation and which parts were hard gained knowledge?

Does the job you are applying for have a requirement for Japanese ability?

I'm guessing that 朝上司 means "morning manager".

thank you
at the moment I'm just trying my luck, no job in mind. as for what parts where computer translation / knowledge each sentence is about 50/50, as google translate dose a bad job with Japanese.
your last sentence implied I made make sense.

Making sense is one thing, but making a good impression is quite another. For example, the word "badass" has no place on a CV.

I'd suggest you work a bit more on your English CV before starting on a Japanese one. It contains errors like "I'm looking work", "E learning curses" and "References References available."

Its supposed to be dry. Its a CV, not a creative writing exercise. Impress them with your honesty and sincerity, and, in your case, with your art portfolio. Don't try to impress them with dudebro lingo. Show them through your art that you are a badass. If you have to say it on your CV, you probably aren't that big of a badass.
No matter how dry your English CV is, your Japanese one should be even drier. In fact, you can tell from the format that it is not a place where free-form creativity is embraced, or welcomed. Just put down the facts: picture, school history, work history, hobbies. You have stuff on deviantart, then link to that. Artists or people who are looking at others' artworks know that site.
Practical stuff: If the format forces you to use Showa era, then 1987 should be Showa 62.
Manager in Japanese is almost always マネージャー nowadays.
Volunteer in Japanese is almost always ボランティア nowadays. Or, you could put ボランティア活動 if you like.

thank you Majestic big help.
your cv should have your personality, as people employ as much on personality as they do skill. plus after reading 100 identical cv's it really will help you stand out.

Believe it or not, I know a thing or two about CVs. I look through, I wouldn't say hundreds, but probably tens of them a year, whenever I want to hire somebody. I hire mostly people with experience, this is the most important thing for my organization. Next, I look for people with a decent academic record - this shows they have some measure of discipline and intellect and ability to navigate bureaucracies, and it means if they lack experience, we should be able to train them. If they lack either of these things, the CVs get binned. Somebody who is trying to stand out for the sake of standing out, or be a flash personality on a CV, is someone who I'm immediately going to be suspicious of. A badass sounds like a troublemaker, a rogue employee. I don't want a company of "personalities", I want a company of people who know what they are doing. Show my your sparkling personality after you've impressed me with how well you can work, and then we'll be in good shape.
Majestic - the geezer who will be reading your CV.

yes but I'm not a 10 year veteran who went to oxford and like most going for entry level jobs and unskilled work, I need an edge. and my cv fully shows my academic record in super dry terms. as for "we should be able to train them" that sounds like bull to me. people just don't hire people who went to second rate university even if they had to over come dyslexia, hold down a part time job, and teach them self to digital painting. even when written up all proper and correct.
and would you really hire someone whos personality jars with yours?

I'm afraid your CV as it stands now and your Japanese language skills (as they stand now) aren't likely to land you a job in Japan. Your online portfolio is also a bit sparse, don't you think?

Japan has an abundance of Japanese people who went to school here to be illustrators. Many of them have far more impressive portfolios and ALL of them have better Japanese skills than you do, are used to the culture and work environment, and don't place any extra administrative burden on employers regarding visa paperwork. Not all of them can find work in their chosen field.

If you expect to get hired over them, you're going to have to bring something special to the table.

Build your portfolio. Learn Japanese. Polish your English skills.

Back
Top Bottom