What's new

Can somebody introduce me to a good agent?

Sarah Peterson

Registered
Reaction score
I have been trying to study in Japan for couple years already, can somebody introduce me to a good agent who can help me to get into a school and assist on the visa process?

I applied through JESP last year, but this didn’t come through as I personally believe they were sitting on my application for a while. I was in touch with Rachelle from JESP and she wasn’t very responsive even though it was time sensitive. Later, I was just told that it didn’t work this time. I reached out to Rachelle couple times but rarely got the response. JESP later explained that they are a recruitment agency whose main service is for job hunters, and Rachelle was no longer with the firm.

Now I am trying another shot this year via Gaijinpot, and I realized that Rachelle from JESP is now with Gaijinpot and doing the same thing.I don’t want to have the same failure again, so I want to know a legit agent.

Any recommendations?

mdchachi

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try working through your own school? Often there are relationships/agreements between schools. Or sister-city (state-prefecture) relationships like Michigan has with Shiga.

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Staff member
Donor
Reaction score
Also, could you elaborate on what you want to study and in what capacity? mdchachi mentioned going through your own school (which is what I did and what I would recommend), but you didn't say in your post whether you were in school or what kind of studying you were hoping to do (study abroad, degree-seeking, just language and culture studies, etc)