What's new

Can I still get JASSO if I get another scholarship?

capcadet104

Registered
17 Jul 2019
Hi everyone! So I'm leaving to study at Hiroshima Uni for a year in September, and when I was officially accepting into their international program I was nominated for the JASSO. At the bottom they had a set of rules for maintaining eligibility and pretty much said that being nominated typically means you're going to get it.

One of the rules was that the total monthly stipend cannot exceed the monthly stipend of the JASSO scholarship, which is 80,000 yen a month. I recently got accepted for another scholarship, from the American Association of Teachers of Japanese for $4,000, all in one check. When I divided it up by 12 months, it comes out to be like $333.33,which is like 36,065 yen, a month.

Has anyone else received scholarship alongside their JASSO scholarship? I think I have it right and I think I should be fine, but I don't know if the fact that I got it all at once means anything or harms my chances of getting the scholarship. It's making me kind of anxious because I would really need JASSO to afford my studies there.

Hi there,

Maybe you'd like to ask JASSO or your school personally. I'm not too familiar about the JASSO scholarship, but from what I heard a lot of acquaintances of mine did receive multiple scholarships (including the JASSO one) while studying in Universities like Waseda and Todai. BTW, congrats on your enrolment! I'm looking into doing my bachelors in a Japanese uni :)

Back
Top Bottom