TheAce

先輩
11 Apr 2010
I need the sentence: I left my cat in the car
And the "I" needs to be in the sentence too

I need the sentence for a school project, but I can't figure it out myself
I still have troubles with the verbs en particles

all I have now is: "Watashi wa watashi no neko ni kuruma ...."
can someone tell me the translation of the sentence?

Does this mean you came and forgot about the cat or intended to leave it (as is) ?

First thing is to remember proper particle placement.
"Watashi wa watashi no neko ni kuruma ...." sounds like you did something to your cat with a car! Poor car! I mean, cat! :D

After neko should be "wo" or "o", however you were taught to write that particle.

I think 私は車の中に猫を置き忘れた is easiest. But can 置き忘れた be used for an animate object ?

I think 私は車の中に猫を置き忘れた is easiest. But can 置き忘れた be used for an animate object ?

That was the first thing I thought of too but my coworker (Japanese) said 置き忘れる sounds strange since the cat is a living being.

That was the first thing I thought of too but my coworker (Japanese) said 置き忘れる sounds strange since the cat is a living being.
TheAce,

If this wasn't an assigned question I would come up with a different English translation. 降ろし忘れた means "forgot to take out" (of the car) or "forgot to unload" -- but from someone still at the particle stage of Japanese after the teacher is duly impressed it may be obvious as hell you are cheating. :p

@TheAce ,

If this wasn't an assigned question I would come up with a different English translation. 降ろし忘れた means "forgot to take out" (of the car) or "forgot to unload" -- but from someone still at the particle stage of Japanese after the teacher is duly impressed it may be obvious as hell you are cheating.
:p
the thing about the particles that is hard for me is to remember how it is used, I always seem to forget when I need to use some of the particles.:p

OK, thanks. I know when a kid is left in the car illegally, depending on what happened, it is normally phrased as 車の中に置き去りにされた or 放置して死亡させた etc

But awwww.....Poor kitty !!! And to think no one is even going to jail for confining their pet in such a cruel manner . :eek:

the thing about the particles that is hard for me is to remember how it is used, I always seem to forget when I need to use some of the particles.:p

Dude, I have passed JLPT level 1 and I still have not mastered proper particle usage. Not saying you should give up on them or anything, but do not get overly stressed about them.

Back
Top Bottom