What's new

Can Anyone Identify This Anime?

grandta14

後輩
12 Aug 2013
I came across a broadcast of an anime that I can't seem to find any information on. Below is a picture of what I believe is the title.
Bike Anime.jpg
I read the title as ツ「ニ停?堡停?榿停?愴痴ニ棚ニ停?慊」(Moyanpion), but I have been unable to find any results with the Rōmaji or the katakana. If anyone can identify this I would be appreciative.

少年 (the small kanji) チャンピオン (champion). Note the small ャ and if it was モ the bottom hook would have to go the other way.
週刊少年チャンピオン - a magazine where this series was probably published, not the title of the series.

弱虫ペダルappears to be the series.

少年 (the small kanji) チャンピオン (champion). Note the small ャ and if it was モ the bottom hook would have to go the other way.
週刊少年チャンピオン - a magazine where this series was probably published, not the title of the series.

弱虫ペダルappears to be the series.

Thank you. The stylised チ looked so much like モ that I didn't even consider that I might be misreading it, though I was confused by the small ャ, and that should have been a red flag.

Thank you. The stylised チ looked so much like モ that I didn't even consider that I might be misreading it, though I was confused by the small ャ, and that should have been a red flag.

The tails are pointing at different directions. How can they look so much alike?

The tails are pointing at different directions. How can they look so much alike?

Why do a number of Japanese people write 'b' as 'd' sometimes? (I'd say about 20% of my students do this from time to time) The human mind easily reverses left and right.

May because these Japanese people have unqualified English teachers.

Said the guy who's never been to Japan and has no experience. Not helping a bit yet again, and just being pissy and implying others are dumb. <And I was notified by e-mail of your 40% pissier comment that you deleted by e-mail because you quoted my post>

A student never mistakes a 'b' and a 'p' because people have no trouble processing vertically. But 'b' and 'd' are horizontally reflected, and are much easier for the mind to mix up.
b d Reversals
The human body consists of two halves, a left side and a right side. The human brain also has two halves, which are connected by the corpus callosum. Mindful of the wise words of Immanuel Kant that man does not see things as they are but as he is, it is inevitable that a person will interpret everything in terms of his own sidedness. A child or adult, who has not learned to interpret correctly in terms of his sidedness yet, who has not learned to distinguish properly between left and right, will inevitably experience problems when he finds himself in a situation where he is expected to interpret sidedness. One such a situation, where sidedness plays a particularly important role, is when a person is expected to distinguish between a b and a d. It is clear that the only difference between the two letters is the position of the straight line — it is either left or right.

To add to that, Japanese don't use the correct stroke order for those letters (it should be left to right <line-circle for b, circle-line for d>, but Japanese write from top to bottom <both line-circle>), which makes it harder to remember.

If you weren't so full of pride, you might just be able to learn things from others. But what could you possibly have to learn from someone that has completely different life experience than you...

Mostly I think this is just vocab experience anyway. Regardless of the font, if you know "チャンピオン" , or have sufficient experience with what sound combinations regularly occur in katakana words, it's easy, if you don't it's not so. We're pattern-matching animals, and picking out symbols or sounds one-by-one has never been our strong point.

Back
Top Bottom