What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Can anyone correct these?

akai ken

先輩
Reaction score
私 わ いくらか うたがい を ようする。
これ わ いい です か。。。

1.わたし が かだい すし たべれば、しぬ です。
If I eat too much sushi, I'll be dead. (Weird ne?) :p
2.私 の くるま、あおい でわ ありません。
My car isn't blue.
4.丸チン-サン わ にくや え いきまして か
Martin-san went to the store?

5.あした に にく と りんご と みす を かいます。
Tomorrow I'll buy meat, apples and water.

ども ありがとう!

hideway

still hiding
Reaction score
I'm still learning, so it is better that a more experienced person helps you correct those sentences. Still there is one thing I noticed that I belive that it is not correct, and that is the use of サン in 丸チン-サン. As far as I know you should use さん (丸チンさん) as "san" isn't a foreign origin word.

akai ken

先輩
Reaction score
Yeah I had that doubt, but I ended up writing it that way.

I just began learning so you deffinitely are good enough to correct me :p

undrentide

Japa'n vagyok
Reaction score
Hi akai ken,
Have you just started learning? If so, good try! :)
There are some basic rules you should learn first before stepping further, though.
1. Particle "wa" should be written は, not わ.
2. There's no space between words. I know at the beginning it is not easy to see where one word starts and ends, but it is important to get used to it. I think that particles such as は、が、を、の、 would help to see the words and clauses.
1.わたし が かだい すし たべれば、しぬ です。
If I eat too much sushi, I'll be dead. (Weird ne?)

寿司を食べすぎれば死にます。
(すしをたべすぎればしにます)
Doing something too much is ~(し)すぎる.
過大(かだい) means excessive, which does not fit in this sentence.
It sounds like "if you intake excessive amount of sushi,..." which does not sound a casual, daily conversation, doesn't it?
I think this is still too advanced for you. ;)
Learn the conjugation for verbs and adjectives, and stick to the very simple and basic sentence for the time being.
2.私 の くるま、あおい でわ ありません。
My car isn't blue.

私の車は青くありません。
(わたしのくるまはあおくありません)
When you are talking about something, you should use は to indicate what you're talking about. (And remember, it is は, not わ).
Conjugation of i-adjective for negative is ~くない or ~くありません (polite).
青い(あおい)   → 青くない、青くありません
小さい(ちいさい) → 小さくない、小さくありません
美しい(うつくしい)→ 美しくない、美しくありません
4.丸チン-サン わ にくや え いきまして か
Martin-san went to the store?

マルティンさんは店に行きましたか。
(マルティンさんはみせにいきましたか)
Martin is normally written as マーティン or マルティン (depending on the pronunciation).
Honorific is basically written in hiragana, with a few exceptions such as 様(さま) or 君(くん). And not in katakana.
Particle "e" is written へ not え.
Particle へ and に are both to indicate the direction.
You can use either for the above sentence, but personally I think に sounds more natural in this context.
While に means the destination, へ sounds more like a general direction, though the difference is not so big.
5.あした に にく と りんご と みす を かいます。
Tomorrow I'll buy meat, apples and water.

明日肉とりんごと水を買います。
(あしたにくとりんごとみずをかいます)
あした does not take any particle, just like the English word tomorrow does not need in or on.
Water is みず, not みす.
ども ありがとう!
It should be 「どもありがとう!」
Your first two sentences
私 わ いくらか うたがい を ようする。
これ わ いい です か。。。
do not sound right, but it is more complicated and you should not bother with them for the time being.
I'd like to suggest you to go step by step; first learn the basics, then move on to more advanced sentences.
がんばってね! :)

akai ken

先輩
Reaction score
Wow I sware I had replied this already.

Anyway, yeah I started 2 weeks ago by my own, from the net and some rosetta stone too (not that useful though).

Verbs are deffinitely giving me a hard time, but right after I read your post I started learning all conjugations, I'm on my way now. Its easier to remember than I thought.

By the way, what would be an example of Causative Passive? How do you conjugate the verb?
And a last one... Can anyone explain me what causative adjectives are used for? I can't get that.

Thanks for your replies!

hideway

still hiding
Reaction score
You seem to be way more advanced than me even if you just started two weeks ago. All I know is the kana, the です simple form (no conjugations), some limited vocabulary like えんぴつ or いぬ and the numbers till おく.

I'm curious, what website are you learning from?

Last edited:

undrentide

Japa'n vagyok
Reaction score
By the way, what would be an example of Causative Passive? How do you conjugate the verb?
And a last one... Can anyone explain me what causative adjectives are used for? I can't get that.

I found a nice web site which gives the good explanation about the basic Japanese grammar and special expressions.
http://www.guidetojapanese.org/index.html#contents
You can find good explanation about Causative Passive.

But I strongly recommend to concentrate on the basics first.
(I've never heard of "causative adjective".)

akai ken

先輩
Reaction score
You seem to be way more advanced than me even if you just started two weeks ago. All I know is the kana, the です simple form (no conjugations), some limited vocabulary like えんぴつ or いぬ and the numbers till おく.

I'm curious, what website are you learning from?

Is it allowed to post links to other sites in the forum? I couldn't find the rules of it.
I'll post some without the www (I've seen someone do that here), if its wrong let me know and I'll delete my post.

answers.com/topic/japanese-verb-conjugations
realkana.com
csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/s_jgrammar.html

Top Bottom