What's new

Calling all Japanese Street Artists, D.J.'s and producers!

Tott BeBop

後輩
24 Mar 2012
Hello everyone, my name is Tott BeBop; I am a currently a twenty something year old Japanese- British-expat who has recently moved back to Japan in order to pursue my dreams of... Well who am I kidding, I don't really know what I want in life yet;
However I do have a hobby as a writer, and while I am in Japan, I have been asked to report on the street lifestyles which can be found in the Tokyo and Yokohama Metropolis area, by an online Canadian Art Magazine (Wolf/Sheep - Home) This magazine specializes and caters to a new idea, a art collective which supports musicians, modern art and street art, all of which can be found around the many districts of these cities, and the sights and sounds of Modern day Japan.
If any of you on this forum happens to be an electronic, hip hop, glitch hop, drum n bass, or any other sort of "modern music" dj or producer in the kanto area, who is looking to get international exposure, then feel free to message me to get your name in to the west;
This also goes for the like of street artists (some people may still call it grafitti) but understand that We are looking for people who can paint beautiful murals, as opposed to running around in the middle of the night with a sharpie scribbling on the back of street signs (no offense intended of course, maybe one day...) again, this is to help Japanese artists get exposure in the West, something which hopefully can expand in to something bigger and greater than mere vandalism. There is a plan for all this.
Also, please note:
Dj's will be asked to provide sets,
Producers will be asked to provide a few original tracks
Street Artsist will be asked for photos of murals, or to be photographed while painting or standing next to their murals.
****FOR STREET ARTISTS****
We understand that discretion is utmost in your line of work, and we will not ask you to expose your full face (please feel free to be all smoke and mirrors, bandanas and balaclavas) or ask you for your real name. (DJs and producers are more than welcome to this option as well of course)

If you are interested in getting your name exposed in the West, or know of someone who fits in the above categories and you think they may be interested, please feel free to either post below, private message, or send me a message through Facebook, username Tott BeBop. Communication in both Japanese and English are not a major problem, although admittingly my Japanese reading and writing skills should be a little better...
Again, feel free to check out the magazine, as it is free and there is no online subscription needed to read.
Wolf/Sheep - Home

Please also note that as a online magazine, we cannot offer you any money in exchange for interviews, but we can offer you a foot in the door on the West Coast; consider it a trade for a chance of being exposed to possibly thousands of people.
Hope to be hearing from you soon,
Sincerely,
Tott BeBop

Back
Top Bottom