What's new

Buying British foods in Okinawa

daveh

後輩
20 Apr 2005
My son has just gone out to work in Okinawa for a year and, although enjoying the new Japanese foods he is trying for the first time, he is missing some of the British foods he has got used to.
I found some UK websites that would send branded foods out there but the cost is ridiculously high.
Does anyone here know of an British foods importer in Japan (preferably in Okinawa but elsewhere would be OK) who have a website I can look at?
Thanks.

daveh...I'll look/ask around and see what I can find! I'm sure there is something around Naha or Ginowan, but I'll have to check it out for you. You could post a free ad at Island Market asking the same question. Just be sure to include an email and I'm sure that some other Brits living here could get back to you.

Maybe you can look for a store that sells imported American food.

After all, American food is almost identicle to British food. for example: steak, pork chops, potato chips, "french fries", lamb chops, pizza, sausages, jello/ jelly, jam, peanut butter etc

The Foreign Buyers Club has operated a Brit Shop for several years now. Check out Fbcusa.com Prices are of course much higher than in UKland! I've used them many times and the service and quality was always good.

Mr.sumo.snr : you are a true gent!
Thanks for your help.
I will look that site up.

I don't know why you would want to export British food OUT of that country! :p Sorry! To many nights eating from kebab shops to avoid eating other things... I'd never want for a bag of Wakers in Japan. ;)

Back
Top Bottom