What's new

Bushツ’s Japan visit

Lala119

後輩
29 Nov 2005
Mass Media mostly described the details of Bush's Japan visit focusing on the fact that Bush came to residence from airport by helicopter. But another event (I think it's extraordinary too) kept off screen. Bush got on board of helicopter at the last moment, and he had to refuse ceremonial trip on Kyoto streets due to police tips of the imminent attempt on US president during his trip. Police got to know about it from correspondence between Red Army members and Udugov (as I know he is a Chechen who is well-known as propaganda Minister). Well, that information was found in servers of Muslims radical organization by German police and then l was passed to Japan colleagues.

So it was the Muslim radical organisation going to make an attempt on Bush? Hmmm, perhaps they have their uses after all..... :cry:

Well, I don't like Bush's policies, but I wouldn't want him to be assassinated or anything. Koizumi, on the other hand.... (but of course I know there are a million other politicians just as bad or worse all lined up right behind him)

Unless "attempt" referred to some sexual groping ;-)

I wonder, Bush's approval rating in the US and likely overseas is so bad right now I wonder if anyone really takes what he says seriously these days.

lastmagi said:
Well, I don't like Bush's policies, but I wouldn't want him to be assassinated or anything.

Uh, don't anyone take what I said the wrong way... 😌
(felt the need to add that - have had some unfortunate occurrences in the past :( )

Unless "attempt" referred to some sexual groping ;-)

What a horrible thought. :eek: :sick: (<-- see, smilies are useful...!)

The Japanese Red Army offically anounced its dissolution a while ago, but there still remains the far left activists here, though former members in the DPRK, of course they're Japanese, are suffuring from homesick there...
I went to a school where a lot of activists are there. It was sad for many students that the activists forced to cancel school festivals under their beautiful words.

Do you believe that Japanese tourists were heavily checked in European immigrations before 80'? I cannot.

I wonder, Bush's approval rating in the US and likely overseas is so bad right now I wonder if anyone really takes what he says seriously these days.

fundamentalist christians still seem to take every word he says as if it was a new page in the bible , but fundies are a highly vocal minority of christians .

lastmagi said:
I think Bush only cares of his "base" constituent (in USA, of course). Credibility? It is impossible to say Bush and credibility in the same phrase, as they are the polar opposite. One of the examples is his claim on WMD in Iraq as a sole excuse for initiating the war and that claim was given to the world audience (in UN assembly), which turned out to false. There are so many other issues which make many people in the world question his almost non existing credibility (as a president of USA, there should be an iota of credibility left over). Some people say he is weak on the intellect department by looking at his policy and listening to his speeches and interviews.

i got to service his plane... didnt get to see him though... it stoped at Yokota along with all the support aircraft from about a month ahead of his arrival...

Back
Top Bottom