What's new

Bullying against ugly people

alcachofa

Registered
2 Jan 2019
I am from Spain. Here in Spain, I suffer a lot of discrimination because of my ugliness. I want to know if in Japan things are different. Jap can be a good place for these people who suffer discrimination?

If somebody engages/likes my problem, please tell me, we can speak about it.

While we cannot comment on your personal situation, you should be aware of the fact that bullying and discrimination are not unknown in Japan either:

LMGTFY

As for "Jap": Society - Jap

Although bullying does go on, as Thomas said, it tends to be Japanese on Japanese and is often more subtle. In a culture where politeness is highly valued and face-to-face conflict is avoided, you would be very unlikely to encounter much verbal bullying from Japanese people.

Although bullying does go on, as Thomas said, it tends to be Japanese on Japanese and is often more subtle. In a culture where politeness is highly valued and face-to-face conflict is avoided, you would be very unlikely to encounter much verbal bullying from Japanese people.
are you japanesse? have you been living en Japan?

I'm British and I've lived in Japan for 15 years. I'm married to a Japanese woman, my children go to a regular Japanese school, and I work for a small Japanese company.

Going to another country will not solve your problems. Japan is not so great to people who are different or disabled. Foreigners are forgiven for a lot but again going to Japan will not solve your problems.

I'm British and I've lived in Japan for 15 years. I'm married to a Japanese woman, my children go to a regular Japanese school, and I work for a small Japanese company.
do you empatize with me?
I am a spanish that have problems agains most of people but...with good people i have no problems. I nedd somebody to help me. Of course i am willing to helping him to any work.
Thank you

Excuse me for this question
zir.gif

It is not a rudeness, but how much you are ugly? Is your ugliness as a horrible thing that frightens people? May you put one of your picture here? You can cover your eyes with a black tape not to be known.

Respectfully
rose.gif

do you empatize with me?

Yes. Bullying is extremely hurtful and completely unacceptable. A family member of mine is also being bullied at the moment, which I don't want to discuss in detail here.
Regarding help, there are plenty of good people on this board who are probably willing to listen to your problems, though I imagine there are organisations in Spain set up to support people being bullied that may be more helpful.

Looks are totally subjective, you can only act ugly.

Also, pay no mind to what other people think, it's none of your business and not your problem. Be a good person and you'll find happiness, and that's what makes you attractive. Smile and the world smiles with you.

Just my two cents. Never predicate who you are based on what other people think of you nor solely on your looks. I go to the gym because I want to look a certain way. I buy the clothes I buy because I like the way they look. I use a skin care routine because I dont want to age poorly. Notice all the "I's"? I know it sounds contradictory because a person's outward appearance is mainly viewed by the people around them rather than they themselves, but I dont care one bit if someone finds me attractive or not. The only other person who's opinion matters is my gf. I'm not sleeping with everyone else.
And that's how you'll change your situation. The moment you realize that the words of the bullies dont matter is the moment their words will sting less. You also should seek out programs that help you deal with any damage these bullies have done to you. My previous advice wont work if you're suffering from insecurities.
And you can change who you're around without going to another country. Spain isnt exactly a small village and I'd imagine that there are good people who aren't bullies there too.

I'm sorry if I come off as harsh. I'm a rather direct person.

This is obviously a tough topic of discussion, but I didn't see an age factor posted and that seems to be a rather important piece of information when giving proper consideration to the situation.

And, one more thing, it is rather impolite to be using the term "Jap" in any form. Even if it is used as a geographic designation.

Oh yes, I am not so sure about the issue of looks, but I can view one very positive thing about you, alcachofa.; you are using English very well, so I'm guessing you have two languages stored in your brain and that is definitely a positive thing about you. I'll bet there are more.

Still, I suspect deep thought has to be given to how this seems to be reflected in your view of your life and how that life of yours interacts with other humans and I only just read your first post and definitely need time to think about the situation before offering anything about this 'appearance issue' but the Net is available to you, alcachofa, and maybe you can find better (good) advice elsewhere on the Net. You have been exploring the full stretches of the Net to ask some other folks, yes? I see thomas .offered a bit of help in that direction with that link he posted. (By the way, you see thomas's picture. I wouldn't classify him as all that good lookin' He looks downright mechanical.)

Well, as the subject starts to sink deeper into my own brain I realize another question hasn't been asked: Did any physical appearance situation arise because of an accident or illness?

Back
Top Bottom