What's new

Bullies face suspension under new Osaka plan

Davey

先輩
Contributor
5 Feb 2005
Sounds like a good idea to me to send these kids to extra classes, schools instead of the kids that are the victims. Worth a try I guess.

Bullies face suspension under new Osaka plan

A draft plan for the educational development of Osaka municipal schools includes a provision calling for schools to suspend bullies and have them study at separate educational facilities.

Osaka Mayor Toru Hashimoto drew up the basic program, which is expected to be implemented next academic year.

Some bullied students stop attending school because of the bullying. To help them study outside of school, local governments currently run what are called "adaptation and guidance classes."

But the draft stipulates that bullies--not the victims--should go to such classes, instead of attending regular classes at school. The plan also says special classes for bullying victims who become unable to go to school will be kept separate from those attended by bullies.
Bullies face suspension under new Osaka plan : National : DAILY YOMIURI ONLINE (The Daily Yomiuri)

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 ----------

It's a big long and all in Japanese but interesting to watch
[video=youtube;uuAjyMwdQn0]

This guy's nationalistic slant really worries me... but I do like this proposal. However, implementation is everything. It could also lead to excessive rejection and isolation and make bullies worse being pulled away completely.

Back
Top Bottom