What's new

Bringing your pet to Japan.

Msnoir

Puma
20 Feb 2014
This may be an odd question, but important to me.
This summer I hopefully getting in to a Danish University to study Japanese, culture and so on.
In the 4 semester we will have a chance to study in Japan, or we are tolled its a really good idea.
But I have a dog, I don't want to leave behind, and I would like to bring him. What is required to bring a dog into Japan?
I have been searching it on the net, but didn't find anything.

Here is the government website about how to bring animals into Japan (and back out again). You will also have to check what the rules in Denmark are for bringing the dog back in.

However, I don't think it would be worth it for a short period. Besides the stress on your dog of two long flights and quarantine (and if you don't get the paperwork etc. right it can be up to 180 days quarantine), it is doubtful that you will be allowed a pet in student accommodation. It would be better to plan ahead and find family or friends who are willing to look after him for a time.

You are probably right. It will be to hard for him, and me. But it will be some years out into the future, and a lot can change in some years.
But thank you for your help. :)

Thanks for the information.

I will be doing this myself in the next year - looks like the quarantine period in our case, is less than 12 hours and as an added bonus .... free!

Thanks for the information.

I will be doing this myself in the next year - looks like the quarantine period in our case, is less than 12 hours and as an added bonus .... free!

You are correct. It the papers on the dog is as they should be, its only 12 Hours or less.

Back
Top Bottom