What's new

Boots for black people?

-Yu-

先輩
19 Apr 2004
I don't know where else this topic should belong so I post here.

What do you think Japanese people wearing n*gger shoose?
I know using this word isn't a good thing but I should in order to let you guys know what I'm trying to say.
I'm talking about this type of shoose more like boots I think.

I see many many young people wearing this type of shoose/boots almost anywhere I go, which makes me think average Japanese people really care about trend.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, is this kind of shoe/boot like for black people? I've never seen white people wearing them.
What do you think?
Well, probably some of you don't really get what is the point in talking about this. If so, let me know, I'll try to explaing again.

uh?? I've got a pair of those boots! They're great for just about anything! ...and I'm not even black! or am I?? :?

Ahh, looks very much like the pair of boots my son has...

Being his mother, I'm PRETTY sure he's Japanese.... 😊

.... seems like I'm misunderstanding something, hey, I thought these were for rappers or something, especially black.
Skators wear skateshoose, rockers wear special shoose which have pretty fat bottom. You konw, so I thought , as I wrote above, these were for black rappers or something, you konw what I'm saying?
..... Since they are just things to wear, I shouldn't really care about it.
anyway thanks.

Hey, actually I was thinking of buying these type boots, but just wondered the things above.It seems like there's no problem.

Timberland is a very popular brand now...they are an excellent work and hunting boot. They keep your feet dry, and they also make a steel toe model which is good for industrial work spaces, not too mention that they are slip resistant. But they are very popular with the rap set...I guess because of the color...Look around the site,Timberland also offers them in various colors!

them be pimpin shoes.

fer real. word.

Ok, seriously though... those shoes are very popular in Sweden.. not for the ghetto scene, just in general... because of all the advantages that CC1 has already stated. warm, dry, durable... all around good shoesy-woozies.

well in the netherlands there pretty much only worn by real getto thugs, ore w/e they call themselfs.. =)

Row said:
well in the netherlands there pretty much only worn by real getto thugs, ore w/e they call themselfs.. =)
Really?
They look pretty normal to me. I remember them being around in Germany even in the 80's when not too many people here ever heard of (or better: listened to) rap. They were kind of hip back then among the eco-freaks. Later the same kind of boots appeared in commercials suggesting the wearer being a "manly" guy.

Hmm... where I live, many people wear those and some of them... all different races and ethnicities.

Timberlands as a "black" brand? Not that I've ever known. FUBU, RocaWear, etc are what I'd consider "black" brands, although that's kinda ruined when white wanna-be rappers wear FUBU esp. (stands for "for us, by us" refering to African Americans, if I remember right).

BrennaCeDria said:
FUBU esp. (stands for "for us, by us" refering to African Americans, if I remember right).

Correct.

I'm sure such things are not wide spread in Japan. It's the same as there are some young people who wear their hair in dreadlocks or corn-row braids in Japan. I don't know who they think they're kidding. If they want to be black, they can come live in South Central for a while. See how long they stay black.

While Timberlands ARE popular with rappers, by no means are they worn solely by (or for) black people.

Leroy_Brown said:
It's the same as there are some young people who wear their hair in dreadlocks or corn-row braids in Japan.

Personally, I wish corn-rows would become a no-race way to wear a person's hair, because I had my hair done in them for a vacation once and it was the most convenient hairstyle I've ever had--a whole week of not having to style my hair, and it washed even easier than my normal style, which is strait and long, much harder to manage that it should be. Here in Savannah, though, I'd be laughed out of any where I wanted to be with my hair done like that, including any current/prospective jobs (even part time ones!).

So, in short, it doesn't really matter if a Japanese wears the boots but they are mostly worn by black rappers and according to where you go, you may get laughed at.

I'm thinking of buying a pair of grey ones, since there are far too many people wearing brown ones and they seem to be really like rapper-style.

BrennaCeDria said:
(stands for "for us, by us" refering to African Americans, if I remember right).
As far as I can tell, it's (officially?) refering to the hip-hop generation or some such non-racist way of thinking. What the original thought was, one can only guess.

Really?
I thought the in short was generally opposite!
Depends what else you wear with them i think.

Oh, one of the nicer students I had worked at a Timberland office in Japan. Very nice guy, just your average run of the mill Japanese man.

I have a pair of grey timberlands. Not that style, but still pretty cool. I don't think I'm black, i just like the shoes, although timberland is a popular brand in the hip hop world as said here before.

now on a sidenote, i still have my pair of wu-tang clan jeans that i have since 15 years old 😊

yeah, I hate those shoes, tehy just aren't that nice to me.

Well, yeah. I have to Agree with BrennaCeDria, but just having your hair done a certain way or wearing a certain brand or just something that is supposidly in association with a race makes you a 'wanna-be' and to me I think that is PATHETIC, as they try to get rid of racism and people say they aren't racist when a great deal of people judge you by how you dress or look. Well..what ever...I just don't like it...

Since when have desert/hiking boots been rapper accessories? I'm wearing some now which I've had for a while, been everywhere with them from up mountains to out on the road on the bike, best footwear ever (after shin high GP boots, they are awesome for ankle support :p)

"Nigger shoose" am I the only one not offended by such blatent racism? Shoes are shoes, its personal preference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I didn't like that n*gger statement either.

I wrote a whole post about it yesterday, but then decided not to post it for some reason.

kirei_na_me said:
Yeah, I didn't like that n*gger statement either.

I wrote a whole post about it yesterday, but then decided not to post it for some reason.

Heh, that makes 2 of us, but i figured that anyone who would write it like that wouldn't be sensible to my post, as for if you already make such a statement you it's either cuz of ignorace or you don't care.

Am I the only one who noticed something about the name of the shoes, I wonder?

Waterproof 6in Premium Boot Wheat Nubuck

009_220318-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom