What's new

Books in English

Ely

Registered
16 Mar 2016
Is it difficult to find reading material in Japan? I've never been there (one day). I live in the Czech Republic and was told that good books are difficult to find. And what are some popular Japanese sites? I know Facebook and Twitter and the usual things, but are there any others? In China, they use Wechat (for example).

I just published a book and wanted to let people know about it in Japan. Where would be a good place to do this?

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your book is already listed on the best and easiest place to purchase English books in Japan.

Is there some special reason why this would be of interest in Japan in particular?

@Ely , had you asked about posting a link to your book first I might have considered it. Just spamming a board with your (not even Japan-related) publication blatantly contravenes netiquette.

I didn't know a book had to be related to Japan, Thomas, in order for it to be something worthy of reading. It's a memoir in English. Some people like to read memoirs. And I am not trying to spam here. I'm honestly just asking where people learn about books they can read in English. And what sites people do book chats. It was a simple question.

I didn't know a book had to be related to Japan, Thomas, in order for it to be something worthy of reading. It's a memoir in English. Some people like to read memoirs. And I am not trying to spam here. I'm honestly just asking where people learn about books they can read in English. And what sites people do book chats. It was a simple question.
The problem wasn't this post, the problem was the other one where you posted a link, misrepresenting your reason for doing so. Feel free to post the link to the book here. It's relevant to this thread.

By the way, your book was set in America but you're in the Czech Republic now?

The problem wasn't this post, the problem was the other one where you posted a link, misrepresenting your reason for doing so. Feel free to post the link to the book here. It's relevant to this thread.

This was the thread that had the link.

The content of her first two posts made it blindingly obvious she only joined the forum to promote her book.

I'm traveling around, meeting people, learning about cultures and customs. I have plans to visit Taiwan soon. I've lived in four countries not including the US. Thanks for your answer.

Are you aware that your book is available online as a free download?

I'm traveling around, meeting people, learning about cultures and customs. I have plans to visit Taiwan soon. I've lived in four countries not including the US. Thanks for your answer.
Nice. Don't forget to visit Japan. 👍

Back
Top Bottom