What's new

Book about the culture shock between European and Japanese

idomeneo

Kouhai
18 Apr 2015
Hello,

I look for a book written in Japanese for a teenager would explain the cultural differences between European (especially French) and Japanese.

Thank you for your book titles,

Philippe

Have you tried looking for blogs written by Japanese people living in France? My Japanese wife reads several blogs by Japanese living in the US.

I wouldn't know of any books on the subject.

Thank you for your answer. I have looking for blogs written by Japanese people living in France already. But I found only the living experience of expats. I would like to find a book for a child or a teenager to explain the difference of mind between Japanese and European. This teenager is mixed and it's to help her understand theses differences. By example in front the same situation how a European people and a Japanese people can think, would act, etc ...

Have you tried looking for blogs written by Japanese people living in France? My Japanese wife reads several blogs by Japanese living in the US.

I wouldn't know of any books on the subject.

bathing culture in Japan is pretty interesting, with public bathing (onsen, sento), and the attitudes toward public nudity. In the home, the combination of shower and bath, and the practice of soaking in a bath and sharing/reusing bath water with the family are also interesting constructs that could provide some small insight into Japanese culture

With everyday bathing, Japanese never wear perfumes, neither females nor males, nothing to camouflage.
And perfumes are rather deemed as an uninvited encroachment into other persons (people, crowd on the train) personal space. Pushy, uninvited, worse than on a crowded train.

Back
Top Bottom