What's new

Blacklisted in Softbank

SaltedTomato

後輩
21 Oct 2013
So I did a very foolish thing when I was 19. I was very irresponsible back then, if I remember correctly I think I had a balance of 60,000yen in total or double coz i cancelled it in less than a year? I'm not sure. So I'm just wondering does the price increase the longer it takes? Because when i tried to get a new phone from docomo they said I just need to pay for my balance from softbank and I can get a plan in docomo. I'm just worried that I have to pay 300,000 yen now or something. I'm 23 now btw.

You seem to be living in the Philippines. Why would you want to acquire a Japanese phone? Are you planning to return to Japan?

Have you contacted the SoftBank Customer Support yet?

=> SoftBank Customer Support | SoftBank

And welcome to the forum!

You seem to be living in the Philippines. Why would you want to acquire a Japanese phone? Are you planning to return to Japan?

Have you contacted the SoftBank Customer Support yet?

=> SoftBank Customer Support | SoftBank

And welcome to the forum!

Oh I'm just here fr a vacation ^^

I'm actually a Japanese citizen but. :eek: I'll go back home next month. I just thought this forum would give me more info coz the way I was raised was different lol. Japan > Philippines > Japan > American School so yep. :s

I'm not 100% sure but I do not think you will be deleted from the "black list" until you settle the payment with Softbank.
I searched with Google and found this article ( in Japanese.)
ホントは怖い携帯料金滞納。ソフトバンクを例に解説。信用情報に傷が付くことも | キャッシングのまとめ
It says that if you do not pay in time, it does damage your credit record because during the initial contract period the cost of the phone is included in the monthly payment, which is the same thing that you're making a loan from the carrier (in your case Softbank).
I cannot find out if the article was written recently or sometime ago and in the latter case whether it was updated or not, but according to the article annual interest is 14.5%.
If you failed to make payment four years ago and the amount you owe is JPY60,000, it is likely that you have to pay semething around JPY94,800 (but not JPY300,000).

If you wish to have a new contract with docomo, I think the best option is to contact Softbank and see how much you have to pay, and make the payment as early as possible before it gets bigger in amount.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh thank you for the info! Yeah docomo told me to settle the balance first then I can get my phone after. ^^ Was just scared to check how much I have to pay. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom