What's new

Black Women in Japan?

13 Jun 2004
Konnichiwa minna-san! I am a 16 year old black female and I am planning on going to Japan with my grandmother next year. Should I be worried about strong racism or discrimination? How do japanese boy my age view black women? Do you think they would considering dating a black girl? :?

When I lived in Japan, one of my coworkers who I socialized with a lot was a black woman. It seemed like for the most part Japanese people were really curious about her, almost as if she were a celebrity, but not too annoyingly. One time she started rapping while we were at a restaurant and everyone in the place started cheering. She would pretend to throw gang signs and hipster Japanese guys would take their picture with her. I don't think you'll have any problems, it might even be fun.

Konnichiwa Bishounenhaven-san!

I think you are not necessary to be worried about racism. Because Japanese anxiety about foreigner is a "conversation" but not "skin color".
A lot of Japanese can not speak English, and they are afraid to talk with foreigner. :D

If you are watched from Japanese, it is not for the reason of your racism, you are watched for the reason of "foreigner". :p

NANGI

bishounenhaven said:
Konnichiwa minna-san! I am a 16 year old black female and I am planning on going to Japan with my grandmother next year. Should I be worried about strong racism or discrimination? How do japanese boy my age view black women? Do you think they would considering dating a black girl? :?

I think you will have NO problems..just enjoy your time here. :p

If you have any problems, 99.9% of the time it will be because you are 外人, not because you are black, or any other nationality.

I'm black (男の人) too, BTW.

bishounenhaven said:
How do japanese boy my age view black women? Do you think they would considering dating a black girl? :?

I once went into a forum and a few black girls wondered why Asian guys so afraid or shy to approach them even when the guys have feelings for them.

I am not Japanese,but I guess some Asian guys thinks about this the same way as I do

I think one of the reasons why there are so less black female and Asian male couples,is the images black females portraited in Hollywood movies and Hip Hop videos/songs, the images of strong women just make the Asian guys to step back.
I don't want to offend anyone,but look at how the black females talk and act like in those Hip Hop videos and songs...

personally, when I like a girl,I don't mind about her race and skin colour,
love sees no colours.
and I do find some black females to be very very attractive,both outer and inner beauty

Last edited:
Most the Japanese guys I knew were pretty shy to start with, so don't look into it too much, its normal :D

Back
Top Bottom