What's new

Best Software or Books for Learning Japanese?

Jacqui

後輩
24 Apr 2007
Hello! I'd really like to start learning Japanese, and was wondering if anyone could make any software/book recommendations? I've heard Rosetta Stone and Rocket Japanese are good, but sometimes you can't tell if the reviews online are just written by the actual companies or not haha...

Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks :)

Yeah from what I hear from most people on this site the best book series to go with is the Genki series. I have yet to test that, mainly because I am cheap, but if the books are as good as people say then I don't think that I can resist much longer.

My opinion would be to do Genki to grasp the basic grammar of what is going on and some vocab, and then switch to the "All Japanese All the Time" method.

There are many ways to study Japanese, and you will end up finding what is right for you. Until then, check out the AJATT method, and use it as a motivational booster.

Thanks everyone! I've heard of Genki, and that was actually my original choice before the computer programs, but I wasn't sure which was best. I know they computer programs are really expensive, so I'll start with these books I think :)

Back
Top Bottom