What's new

Beginner help !!!

Naraan

Registered
19 Oct 2018
Hello everyone. I'm Italian and sorry for eventual mistake with english.. I started to study japanese and currently I know to read kana. Im looking for textbook, grammar book and dictionary! Please help me.. I bought minna no nihongo and another dictionary (random house it is called) but I don't like it because minna it is only in japanese and I want something where explanation about grammar it is in english and I would an advise about dictionary because that currently I have isn-t good for me. I-m looking a dictionary with more explanation about terms! please help me!!!!!

Hello everyone. I'm Italian and sorry for eventual mistake with english.. I started to study japanese and currently I know to read kana. Im looking for textbook, grammar book and dictionary! Please help me.. I bought minna no nihongo and another dictionary (random house it is called) but I don't like it because minna it is only in japanese and I want something where explanation about grammar it is in english and I would an advise about dictionary because that currently I have isn-t good for me. I-m looking a dictionary with more explanation about terms! please help me!!!!!

Hi! Am new here too.
Minna no Nihongo was my Nihongo book when I was in college. I think you are looking at the workbook of MNN. There's a "Translation and Grammatical Notes" version of MNN which can aid you in understanding the grammatical patterns.

Nonetheless, I would agree with Toritoribe-san that Genki might be a better choice for a beginner with zero experience in Nihongo. You can still use MNN but only as a supplemental study material. I used Genki and MNN when I studied for JLPT N5.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom