What's new

Ayashi no Ceres

I hate that when the past affect and destroy the present life. I think it is so unfair in these fairy tales. Poor Aki!!! He deserves a better life, he didn't do anything wrong. Hic hic....

Quite like Aki too~ Prefer him to Toya.. coz.. thought he became quite sexy when Mikagi took ctr over him ~>;;<" Some evil guys always look more sexy when they do evil things.. @@

Shiro's nice, I like that time when she transformed and sang! ^^

That was my fav. scene in the anime.. e song is very nice but it sux that she have to die after confessing her luv.

...it's really sad he died... it would have been nice, if at the end he actually didn't die, and just Mikagi in him got killed and went back with Ceres, right?

I thought the same thing too.. The anime would have been better if only Mikagi inside of Aki died.. and less lives losts. The plot was interesting but was spoilt becoz of that.. ~~"

I lvoed it SOOOOOOOOO much~ Excellent characters, plot, story, everything!

whata re some similar anime? i havent been successfulll at finding any... DO YOU KNOW SOME!?!? ToT

Are u enquiring on e anime by the same author or just generally anime similar to ANC? From what I know, e only other anime by her is Fushigi Yuugi.. ANC has a stronger plot but FY has a happy ending..

;);););););););););)

there's one called Alice 19th also by Yuu Watase, but I think there's no Anime about it...

yeah, it's really sad that Shiro died just when you get to know about her... didyou know that in the Manga, she didn't die so early? the story's a bit different...

Yup yup.. read e manga.. the manga series featured more scenes of her.. e reason why she left me a deep impression was because I read e manga series first.. I was quite disappointed when I watched e anime and realised it only had such a short scene of her.. (T_T)

Alice 19th?? Hmm, I'm not very sure which was that.. I knew she did release another series callee "meng huan xue yuan" after ANC..Is that e wan? I read e first 2 vols. of it and then gave up and sold it off.. (^.^*;>)

hmmm... I don't know.... but it should have something with 19 in it, or? anyway, it's about some stones... and they wear one bracelet thing with stones...

and... I watched the Anime then read the manga... I was so surpirse, thinking: "huh? Shiro's still alive! why actually?" 😊

(*^.^*) Nvr follow her later series so.. she has a few single series.. one on e matchmaker, something to do with fate and red string.. That was one of her better release.. ^^" "meng huan xue yuan", can't really remember e story since I read it more than 2 yrs ago.. something to do with e school compound e gal was studying in..

e part on Shiro in e anime was very short, doesn't really make any impression, but that in e manga was like.. rather detailed.. It tells why she wanted to act and deceive pple she was a guy and oh, even show Shiro trying to "rape" Aya.. (^.^;n) and explains e part on why Mikagi turned so evil & stuff.. but e ending was even more sad .. (sigh)

really? I find the ending kinda same...
huh? the anime also showed why she deceives ppl and so... just all in one episode... ^^;

ah? really? I can't remember a part where Shiro tries to "rape" Aya... ??? but anyway, she's one of my fav characters... ^^

Do read!

Just bought ANC vcd whole set. I was in love with the designs. Pretty.
However, the story is quite a drag to me. I watched it a couple if times and I discover something amiss with this anime. The animators are trying to make this anime act cool. Hard to describe actually.
Tooya, yes, a very very good looking character but the character development is slow and confusing. He is sort of like different person at one moment and then back to his normal self.
THere is no clear explaination why Tooya fell in love with Aya. It's a sudden act and it's like Tooya is set to love Aya.
THe humours aren't helpful and it's dreadful. Silly.
The legend thingy also confusing and not exact.
Oh yeah, giving birth at the age of 16 is not my thing and i think it is a bad influence. Yuu has this tendency of making her heroine having children. The same thing with FushiYugi. I don't forbit this just thatI don't fancy teenager pregnancy.
Another thing is the ending. Hmm, personally the ending isn't bad to me just that one thing. I dislike those message pop up thingy at the end of the anime.. I think it's weird...
Ok..anc fans, I am bad. However, there is one good point. I love Yuuhi. I think he's sweet and kind. Hmm, kinda hoping that he does exist.

i love it.....Ceres is my fav. character....i never thought an anime could make me cry but when Aki died i cried so much. :( :sorry: 😊

hiyeeee, Ceres is such a good manga! 👍 i lyk Yu Watase's stories, they're realli interesing, has anyone read her other one? "Fushigi Yugi"

After watching Fushigi Yugi, I was shocked at how dark Ceres was. Still, it was incredibly gripping and entertaining from start to finish. Proof positive of what a great storyteller Yu Watase is! Hopefully, her other works, Alice 19th and Imadoki! will eventually make their way to the small screen!
👍

Slayer4U said:
Just bought ANC vcd whole set. I was in love with the designs. Pretty.
However, the story is quite a drag to me. I watched it a couple if times and I discover something amiss with this anime. The animators are trying to make this anime act cool. Hard to describe actually.
Tooya, yes, a very very good looking character but the character development is slow and confusing. He is sort of like different person at one moment and then back to his normal self.
THere is no clear explaination why Tooya fell in love with Aya. It's a sudden act and it's like Tooya is set to love Aya.
THe humours aren't helpful and it's dreadful. Silly.
The legend thingy also confusing and not exact.
Oh yeah, giving birth at the age of 16 is not my thing and i think it is a bad influence. Yuu has this tendency of making her heroine having children. The same thing with FushiYugi. I don't forbit this just thatI don't fancy teenager pregnancy.
Another thing is the ending. Hmm, personally the ending isn't bad to me just that one thing. I dislike those message pop up thingy at the end of the anime.. I think it's weird...
Ok..anc fans, I am bad. However, there is one good point. I love Yuuhi. I think he's sweet and kind. Hmm, kinda hoping that he does exist.

Well...Tooya does indeed turn into someone else at one point.

If you get the manga, it goes into more detail about everything. I also heard that Shuro doesn't have as big a part in the anime as she does in the manga. Which is too bad. I liked her. ^_^ Her story made me cry...

I don't think making a character have children at 16 will be a bad influence. Yeah, some people might not like it, but there are lots of 16-year olds out there who are having or have had children that have never even heard of Ayashi no Ceres. Although I'm not doubting that there are some people who ARE easily influenced...and even then it's not Watase's fault that they're like that.

And...isn't Miaka married to Taka (or whatever the heck Tamahome's name becomes when he's reincarnated in her world) and older when she's pregnant? I thought she was... And anyway...it's just two characters from different series that get pregnant...it's not really a trend. (Unless someone else can tell me a few other series where her characters get pregnant?)

Anyway...I like the whole atmosphere of Ceres. It's perfect for when I'm in one of my icky moods.

Just like Fushigi Yuugi.

Ayashi no Ceres kinda remind me of Fushigi Yuugi (many of the characters are quite similiar in their behaviours), and I reacted to both series in the same way.

While I do watch the early episodes, midway, I just lost interest in the series.

Somehow, the characters don't seems to be that interesting, not to mention also the plotlines. Though if I to choose one character that is my favourite, it probably got to be Yuuhi (was he the one with headband?), he seems to be quite ordinary and quite nice, Tohya/Touya ('the cool bad boy that turned good' one, right?) is cool though.

Personally, for an entity that used the body of her descendant and then change the color of body's hair, my favourite is Myahle (Mi-A-N) from Xenogears. She didn't need a person that has the exact body shape as her and she just use the most convienent beautiful female.

As for giving birth at 16 years old.

It's not exacty a bad thing. Since once a person is capable of reproducing, he's practically an adult.

Though I do have a bit of a problem on how they handle the love stories in Ayashi no Ceres, it's too... er.. how do one say it? 'romantic'? 'eros'?

Wish that it was more of love as in love and not love as in... hmmm... don't know on how to say it, I don't just like mushy stuff.

Not that I have anything against a boy and girl relationship though.

As for Tohya.

Well...

Kiba (Wolf's Rain)

Squall (Final Fantasy VIII)

Cloud (Advent Children, not the originial Final Fantasy VII, Cloud's more like Yuuhi in the originial)

Vincent (Final Fantasy VII)

Tohya is just that type of character.

I finally finished watching the series on Saturday night...I couldnt's top watching it so I stayed up until 3 in the morning to finish it..I cried soo much I ran out of tears and my eyes were soo red...I was soo sad when Chidori died, when she basically confessed to Yuhi that she loved him, when Toya regained his memory and forgot about Aya, when Miori killed herfelf, but the part that I cried the most by far was when I thought Toya died...I started yelling and screaming..I felt soo awful becaise he's my favorite..in my opinion he is the best looking anime guy EVER....everything just got soo sad and although the end got a little happier..I still found it very sad and kept crying...I couldn't believe Aya ended up getting pregnant and I feel bad that after everything that they went through Aki still ended having to be killed..the ending make me sad because it leaves one wondering how long Toya will live...and I just couldn't believe the promise Yuhi made...afterwards I looked at the interview with Yuu Watase and she said that a novel, sequel to the series, came out..anybody know where I can find it??has anyone read it??...either way I think the characters you guys were talking about is Shuro, right??...that one singer from the group GeSang?? (its different in the anime)...well either way I think Ceres is by far one of, if not my favorite series...I think of it as tragic, but beautifully written story...I'm still no done with the manga I'm up to 9...Toya is still the hottest ^^ *drools* 😌

Yeah..shuro is kinda cool and compared to the manga, it has a big difference.

..in my opinion he is the best looking anime guy EVER....

Yeah, the first time i watched the anime, I really love Tooya..He is really handsome. Unfortunately, my feelings towards him kinda fading these days. I find that he is really complicated and his personality doesn't match up. It's really hard to describe this but I still agree that he is the best looking anime so far...

I also don't really like the manga. So much trauma and many incidents happen there..

I prefer Imadoki the best. I really recommend reading the manga. It's neatly drawn and not so confusing. The characters are really cute and nice, and funny as well.. 👍 👍

another one of Yuu Watase's characters...Kyo from Alice 19th looks a lot like Toya..I really him too, although he's not as compicated and definetly more normal than Toya, but I still like Toya better ^^

I was pretty disappointed with Ceres after having read Fushigi Yuugi. I couldn't really like either of the two mst important characters- Aya and Tooya. I know not every lead girl in Manga/Anime should have to be always perky and sweet (like Miaka in FY is), but I didn't really sympathize with Aya either even though terrible things happened to her. It's about the same with Tooya (alhough he had no memories so I understand that it's hard to convey a personality that he doesn't currently have), but I think the biggest problem with him is that his rival Yuuhi is nearly identical to Tamahome from FY. I love Tamahome, so it was incredibly hard for me to understand why Aya chose Tooya over Yuuhi. Actually, I thought that she was choosing him first because what girl can resist the cool, mysterious guy especially when they're sixteen? But her liking him because he's mysterious, and/or feeling sympathy because he has no memories doesn't spell out true love to me. I too feel like their romance was rushed into before they even had time to get to know each other. (Though I am more in favor of the frienship first kind of relationship).

I can understand where you're coming from...as for me, I watched quite a bit of FY and even so I still liked Ceres a lot, but I guess it just depends on the person...unfortunatly I have yet to see the rest of the FY episodes so I have no idea what happens...

I've watched some of this anime..and stopped in the middle...well i dont think i liked it much =,= ..but maybe it was because i saw it a long time ago..and i was younge.. but anyway..that guy... evilish misterious one? not the brother? hahah he was cool..and think thats the only thing that kept me going through half the anime anyway.. XD

Back
Top Bottom