What's new

Atlantis Found?

Nuala

Hell's Finest Daughter
15 Jul 2004
atlantis-1.jpg

The legendary city of Atlantis is believed to have been located by a U.S.-led research team. The team used a satellite photo of a suspected submerged city to find the site just north of Cadiz, Spain. Buried in the marshlands of the Dona Ana Park, it's believed that they pinpointed the ancient, multi-ringed city known as Atlantis. The research team used a combination of deep-ground radar, digital mapping, and underwater technology to survey the site. Head researcher, Richard Freund, discovered a strange series of memorial cities built in Atlantis' image by it's refugees after the city's apparently death by tsunami. That discovery gave researchers added proof and confidence in regards to the discovery of Atlantis north of Cadiz. It's suspected that the people who built those memorial cities fled from the destruction of Atlantis and built the cities there.

It's still hard to say that the site in Spain is in fact Atlantis, Freund said the "twist" of finding the memorial cities makes him confident that Atlantis was buried in the ud flats on Spain's southern coast. Plato wrote about Atlantis some 2,600 years ago, describing it as an island situated in front of the straits known as the Straits of Gibraltar, known in antiquity as the Pillars of Hercules. Using Plato's detailed account of Atlantis as a map, searches have focused on the Mediterranean and Atlantic as the best possible sites for the city. Tsunamis in the region have been documented for centuries, one of the largest was a reported 10-story tidal wave that slammed Lisbon in November 1755.

Debate whether or not Atlantis truly existed has lasted thousand of years. Plato's dialogues from around 360 B.C. are the only known historical sources of information about the iconic city. Plato said the island he called Atlantis "in a single day and night... disappeared into the depths of the sea". Further excavations are planned at the site where they beleive Atlantis is located at the mysterious cities in Central Spain 150 miles away to more closely study geological formations and to date artifacts.

Link to article is right here!

What are your thoughts on this? I'm both skeptical amused by this news. It hasn't been confirmed, but it is very possible according to the research and evidence pointing in that direction.

I am not so sure that is is necessarily Atlantis, but if that picture looks anything like what they found with the radar, it certainly looks like they found some kind of city. I can't wait to see what they find.

I am not so sure that is is necessarily Atlantis, but if that picture looks anything like what they found with the radar, it certainly looks like they found some kind of city. I can't wait to see what they find.

I'm not sure what the picture is. I found it on a blog discussing the discovery. It is a multi-ringed city, and as that is what is being discussed in the article, it seemed fitting to add it to this thread. Yes, I also have my doubts about it being Atlantis. The fact that it's at the southern coast of Spain? Where Atlantis supposedly is? It's interesting to say the very least.

I'm skeptical about anything claiming to be Atlantis, because Atlantis is a legend, and not the actual name of an historical city. As such, there's no way to verify if any potential site is the "actual" Atlantis.

Archaeology often seems to me to be rather unscientific, because there's so often a top-down approach. As in this case, there's an assumption that Atlantis exists, and then some attempt to make the evidence fit that assumption. The scientific approach is bottom-up - the evidence is collected and examined until a conclusion can be reached. However, I'm sure the speculation about such findings is in large part a publicity stunt, and popular appeal is probably very important in securing funding.

Having said all this, the possibility that an ancient city has been found underwater is extremely interesting in its own right, regardless of any Atlantis speculation.

Having said all this, the possibility that an ancient city has been found underwater is extremely interesting in its own right, regardless of any Atlantis speculation.

It really is~! :)

I thought atlantis was in orion.

Or was it on europa/enceladus?

When oumuamua swung by, maybe it kept going because it didn't get its landing signal--since its creators, the atlanteans, had gone missing.

Was Atlantis destroyed during Noah's flood?
No. Under the Mediterranaen Sea there is a Subduction Zone, right under the Sulcis in Sardinia. Sulcis is the nowaday name for the half capital of Atlantis which still survives. The other half is destroyed in 9600 Before Christ, as written by Plato. Atlantis is history, not fable. Atlantis has finally be found.
The role of the sardinian corsican superpower in the Neolithyc Mediterranean sea.jpg

Back
Top Bottom