What's new

Aspertame (Nutrasweet) Dangers

You speak the speak of who feeds you. (haha)

Be warned..a lot of 'info' is 'propaganda'.
This goes for many aspects of life.
:D

My point exactly.

So I shop at a small nature store...a real grocery like you
can't really find in towns in Holland anymore.

It's all supermarkets....shite.

same here now really... well in the cities definitely... though there's still some more rural villages that have the pleasant local shops.... but they're becoming less and less...

"Phenylketonurics"
from Wikipedia:
"Phenylketonuria "fee-nil-kee-ton-yur-ee-aah"+ (PKU) is a human genetic disorder that occurs in about 1 in 15,000 births, but the incidence varies widely in different human populations from 1 in 4,500 births among the Irish to fewer than one in 100,000 births among the population of Finland."

People who have this usually know it & can easily avoid Aspartame. For all others there is virtually no danger.

Originally posted by howabe
lol why not just eat normal food in the first place...?

I do eat real food but I also drink a lot of diet soda, which aspartame is the sweetner.

Originally posted by bossel

People who have this usually know it & can easily avoid Aspartame. For all others there is virtually no danger.

How can you know it?
I have no idea if I have that condition. My doctor never tests me for it.
If I do, and if I drink diet sodas, I could have serious problems.

Since you are in the US, you probably have been tested soon after birth. You'd know it.

http://www.ess.sunysb.edu/tracy/whatis.html

"Two additional questions that people often ask when they learn of the true meaning of the warning label on diet soda are - Do I have PKU? How do I know that I don't have PKU? Well, if you have reached an age where you have the desire to drink diet soda and you still have the mental capacity to question whether or not you have PKU, the odds are that you don't have the disorder.

Phenylketonuria is a metabolic disorder that results when the PKU gene is inherited from both parents. When babies are born in the United States, a heel stick blood test is done to test for various disorders - PKU is one of the disorders that is tested for. It is very rare, in the US an average of 1 in 15,000 babies is born with the disorder (this number varies from region to region). If a baby is tested positive for PKU at birth, a follow up test is done a few days later. Out of 500 babies which do test positive for PKU on the first test, on average only one will actually have the disorder. "

Originally posted by bossel
Since you are in the US, you probably have been tested soon after birth. You'd know it.

I am in the U.S. now but I was not born here.

I still don't know if I have it or not.

> ANything safe should NOT have a warning label.

Yeah, like all those warning labels for people allergic to peanuts & nuts. We should take nuts out of the market completely.

I wish stevia would get approved in the US. Japan has been using it for many years now with no ill effect and this is a natural substance unlike aspartame.

Aspertame is a $1 billion (with a "B") industry in America, so it's gonna take a while.

Originally posted by mdchachi
> ANything safe should NOT have a warning label.

Yeah, like all those warning labels for people allergic to peanuts & nuts. We should take nuts out of the market completely.

I wish stevia would get approved in the US. Japan has been using it for many years now with no ill effect and this is a natural substance unlike aspartame.

Nah... I think we should take the people allergic to nuts out completely.

Golgo:
I think, most industrialized countries test for this condition. It depends where you were born.
You can ask your current doc, anyway.

Originally posted by Mashu
Nah... I think we should take the people allergic to nuts out completely.

Nah . . . I think we should completely take the nuts out of the people allergic to nuts . . . so they don't reproduce.

Back
Top Bottom